What's new

IMessage

What do you think about it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Taylorig said:
Still waiting for my friends to update to iOS 5... lol

I know right. Apple's servers really had some issues yesterday with all those hits for the new iOS download. Read that a lot of people's phone were bricked, due to the extremely slow download times.

Taylorig said:
Still waiting for my friends to update to iOS 5... lol

It almost makes you want to test it out with anyone with an iOS device. Well sort of... Lol.

I know right. Apple's servers really had some issues yesterday with all those hits for the new iOS download. Read that a lot of people's phone were bricked, due to the extremely slow download times.

Yeh well i've had my problems with it. Took 3 hours to download iOS 5 last night. Ended up having to redownload it today in 4 minutes. But that was only the half of it. Error messages after errors. Finally got it sorted and i'm Billy-no-mates now who is unable to play with "iMessage and Find my friends" for some fun. :)

Taylorig said:
Yeh well i've had my problems with it. Took 3 hours to download iOS 5 last night. Ended up having to redownload it today in 4 minutes. But that was only the half of it. Error messages after errors. Finally got it sorted and i'm Billy-no-mates now who is unable to play with "iMessage and Find my friends" for some fun. :)

Wow! I started the download process immediately after 10, actually 10:08 am pct. I had no issues with the downloading process, but that was because I started early.

im waiting for tomorrow so i can get my 4s. i dont want to upgrade to ios5 on my 4 yet even though

And jailbreak for iOS 5 iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod touch 3G and iPod touch 4G is out. MuscleNerd has confirmed that the current redsn0w tool can jailbreak iOS 5 tethered not untethered.

Tethered jailbreak means youll have to plug in your device to your computer every time it reboots to make a Just Tethered Boot; from redsn0w.

NOTE: iPad 2 is not supported in this jailbreak. Jailbreak iPad 2 is supposed to be jailbroken within few days along with the iPhone 4S bringing untethered iOS 5 jailbreak.

im waiting for tomorrow so i can get my 4s. i dont want to upgrade to ios5 on my 4 yet even though
Have you got an Iphone 4, and your also getting an 4S.
Your spare Iphone could be upgraded into IOS5.
Don't do it unless your an expert even though you still have guarantee/warranty what ever you call it there.
Because that will automaticlly expire and your phone becomes laggy and buggy and also breaksdown.

Don't do it unless your an expert even though you still have guarantee/warranty what ever you call it there.
Because that will automaticlly expire and your phone becomes laggy and buggy and also breaksdown.

Huh! So what you are saying is the iPhone 4 will become laggy and buggy under iOS5?

Because if it is what you are saying you are wrong. Mine is running loads better under iOS5. Just as snappy as the day it was bought, also i seem to be getting better battery life out of it. And you don't have to be an expert to install an iOS. Just very patient and be good at doing research when things don't go to plan. Once it's done you'd never look back.

Huh! So what you are saying is the iPhone 4 will become laggy and buggy under iOS5?

Because if it is what you are saying you are wrong. Mine is running loads better under iOS5. Just as snappy as the day it was bought, also i seem to be getting better battery life out of it. And you don't have to be an expert to install an iOS. Just very patient and be good at doing research when things don't go to plan. Once it's done you'd never look back.
I'm saying there are possibilities your iPhone could go laggy, buggy and dodgy under the IOS5 Beta version.

Taylorig said:

Also if you're having problems upgrading, you may want to wait if your phone still works. The servers are under tremendous strain with everyone trying to download the new software. That may solve your issue. If you've already started and are having issues, be sure you go back to your back up if the update isn't working properly.

I updated my iPad 2 yesterday morning, and didn't have any problems. Good luck!

im currently using iphone 4 and once i get home i will be going to ios5 on that and my ipad. i am getting my 4s tomorrow or saturday. whenever it shows up in the mail lol

I've not tried it yet. Took me an hour to find it though laughed out loud. Worse thing in updating is I'd forgot my username and password for this site. But got there in the end! Phew! Anyone wanna try this imessenger thing out?

So one of the features I read about iMessage was the ability to pick up text messages between my devices, like starting a conversation on my iPhone 4s and continuing it on my iPad, but what if I have more than just my devices tied to my Apple ID like my wife's iPhone or my son's iPod Touch, can you pick and choose what devices on your Apple ID information is shared with. (I guess the same issues could exist for things like ICloud content and pictures. How can I prevent my phone from getting flooded with pictures my kids take?

So one of the features I read about iMessage was the ability to pick up text messages between my devices, like starting a conversation on my iPhone 4s and continuing it on my iPad, but what if I have more than just my devices tied to my Apple ID like my wife's iPhone or my son's iPod Touch, can you pick and choose what devices on your Apple ID information is shared with. (I guess the same issues could exist for things like ICloud content and pictures. How can I prevent my phone from getting flooded with pictures my kids take?

well that sounds like a problem. but i never knew that was a feature of ios5. seems pretty cool. i guess all you can do is create new accounts of those other devices