What's new

IMessage

What do you think about it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont know if its really added in the iphone 4S or not, but there is something I would like to clarify. Blackberry communication is done through the BBcode, that is unique for each of the blackberry handset. And the main thing that differentiate it form others is that BB uses its servers for that communication, and that communication is done through Triple DES and AES encryption,which makes it nearly impossible to breach in between.

I personally don't think iphone will take such a big responsibility of creating something like that.

Talking in business sense, we already know that iphone is having some really tough competition from the android market specially the samsung and HTC , I don't think they will try to wake up the sleeping giant(i-e blackberry) into a competition.

peterthomas said:
I dont know if its really added in the iphone 4S or not, but there is something I would like to clarify. Blackberry communication is done through the BBcode, that is unique for each of the blackberry handset. And the main thing that differentiate it form others is that BB uses its servers for that communication, and that communication is done through Triple DES and AES encryption,which makes it nearly impossible to breach in between.

I personally don't think iphone will take such a big responsibility of creating something like that.

Talking in business sense, we already know that iphone is having some really tough competition from the android market specially the samsung and HTC , I don't think they will try to wake up the sleeping giant(i-e blackberry) into a competition.

My view apple has already trounced blackberry in the smart phone market, and making strides into their Buisness base. Android is initially popular due to sales driven off low priced handsets often claimed as the 'iphone killer' but fail to be anywhere near, and the higher priced android handsets even samsung do not compete with apple products at the same price level for build quality and sheer reliability IMHO.

For me the jury is still out on iCloud, it can only back up one of my 2 devices within the 5GB, I could pay for more but i have a 3tB NAS, costs nothing a month and I don't need an Internet connection to back it up, or make the backups process slower.

iCloud will make it somewhat more secure, simply as you need an apple product to use the files, and a apple I'd to access them. I'd say if emails are funneled through icloud using @me accounts, that is also a fairly secure protocol against hacking.

My view apple has already trounced blackberry in the smart phone market, and making strides into their Buisness base. Android is initially popular due to sales driven off low priced handsets often claimed as the 'iphone killer' but fail to be anywhere near, and the higher priced android handsets even samsung do not compete with apple products at the same price level for build quality and sheer reliability IMHO.

For me the jury is still out on iCloud, it can only back up one of my 2 devices within the 5GB, I could pay for more but i have a 3tB NAS, costs nothing a month and I don't need an Internet connection to back it up, or make the backups process slower.

iCloud will make it somewhat more secure, simply as you need an apple product to use the files, and a apple I'd to access them. I'd say if emails are funneled through icloud using @me accounts, that is also a fairly secure protocol against hacking.

What he said lol

damien112009 said:
Okay so I have iOS 5 and iMessage is really great, but when I text someone who is using iMessage, it displays there number instead of there name -__-

If I send some one a message that I have in my contacts it displays there name ( as it listed in contacts), even if I am using there number.

xrayeyes said:
hmmm, so far I am not seeing much of a benefit with iMessage. I only have one family member with an iPhone and most of my friends have Androids or non smartphones. Oh well. It might grow on me with time....

I know right, but you would be surprised at how many people are switching.

My friend has bought an iphone4s and we've been
Sending iMessages back and forth. He has recently
Ported his old number to his new phone and I've called it successfully a few times, however the
iMessages still go thought the old number. Why is this?

Thanks.

I love it. Most of my friends and family are using an iDevice. I've always had unlimited texting / data; however, some of them didn't have it so this is a welcome upgrade for them as they now have unlimited texting with iMessage.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net

The biggest plus is that now ipad and ipod touch users can send sms, also the fact that you can sms to friends and relatives overseas, my wife is repeatedly send sms to her brother overseas (when shes not face timing of course)

iRager said:
The biggest plus is that now ipad and ipod touch users can send sms, also the fact that you can sms to friends and relatives overseas, my wife is repeatedly send sms to her brother overseas (when shes not face timing of course)

This works overseas without I incurring international data fees?

It uses your data plan, so if the person overseas will pay whatever charges are normal for their data in that country.

You are not charged for sending an international SMS

if you dont have data or dont use data will it work thru wifi? because if you can do that then it will be free