What's new

IMessage

What do you think about it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, it definitely sounds like a cool feature if all the devices on the account are for the same person, but it's not worth having separate accounts and having to buy apps and music 2 or 3 times. I tried texting between my wife's iPhone and my iPad and they both behave like her device. When she sends the text its like she is sending it to herself. Fortunately you can turn iMessage off in Settings.

Kind of a bummer they didn't design it to let you select what devices sync together. It's an all or nothing thing.

Unleashed said:
I have viber but I only know one person that has it lol..

Now you know 3 :).

But mine crashes after upgrade, have repeated it. Very good when working.

Word of caution over 'free' calls and txt anywhere,

while i'm in the UK or EU that statement is true, but if I go to countries outside I pay £7.80 extra for data per meg.

Viber is soon to allow picture and pre recorded messaging, this will cost you in data fee's so check your tariffs guys ;)

crowd pleaser said:
Now you know 3 :).

But mine crashes after upgrade, have repeated it. Very good when working.

Word of caution over 'free' calls and txt anywhere,

while i'm in the UK or EU that statement is true, but if I go to countries outside I pay £7.80 extra for data per meg.

Viber is soon to allow picture and pre recorded messaging, this will cost you in data fee's so check your tariffs guys ;)

Just add obviously this is a concern when not connected to WiFi

IOSIphone said:
Will the iPhone's 3G use your DATA?
Never knew that.

What you need to be aware of is if you are to be charged by the MB, an Australian member got a massive unexpected (15000aus$) bill being charged this way while in Bali :( . His I'd download 9 games - ouch!

crowd pleaser said:
What you need to be aware of is if you are to be charged by the MB, an Australian member got a massive unexpected (15000aus$) bill being charged this way while in Bali :( . His I'd download 9 games - ouch!

Scary!!! I am on wifi on my iPad every chance I get. No worries with the iPhone 4 as I am on unlimited data; however, vzw doesn't work very well at home unless I am sitting right on top of the network extender or not in my living room so I wind up using wifi on both devices at home sometimes.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net

I love imessage, its a really cool feature 

Okay so I have iOS 5 and iMessage is really great, but when I text someone who is using iMessage, it displays there number instead of there name -__-

What about sending messages from one country to another? Is it free too? I think that with iMessage you will be able to send free messages to anyone anywhere in the world provide your contact have an IPhone 3GS and later. So it's really useful.

Already tried it and sent a message to India, Australia and the USA. Not a single charge has been taken and that's me sending via 3G.

NewdestinyX said:
I'm sad to tell you that preorders will not come this weekend. 2 weeks minimum you'll be waiting according to web site. Apple would never let mail orders (even preorders) go out ahead of people waiting in lines at their stores. Store goers always get their phones first. Even since first iPhone this has been so.

I always thought the idea of preorder is to get the product when it first released. Not much point if you got wait weeks to get it. Might as well try your luck in the shop.
Is there any benefit of ordering though the mail, or is just a marketing exercise by apple to have your money in there bank account for a couple of weeks before they send you the product ?

Okay so I have iOS 5 and iMessage is really great, but when I text someone who is using iMessage, it displays there number instead of there name -__-

Yes I have been wondering if this is a problem I have or is it universal. Another issue I have with it is that messges are not updated on the screen while I am texting. if a new message comes in, in the same conversation I have to back out and reopen the convo. to see the newest reply. I thought it was an issue with the "notifications" option but turning that off didnt correct it. (thought maybe it routing the message to the home screen was keeping it from appearing as it came in) anyone else have this as well?

from what you guys are saying that imesage on the iphone will cost money even if on wifi?

kingnba6 said:
from what you guys are saying that imesage on the iphone will cost money even if on wifi?

No it won't. It charges data and the message app still sends out SMS/mms like you normally would but it doesn't cost. You definitely won't get charged anything if youre on wifi.