What's new

Everything is crashing.

Wya77

Reaction score
Alright, so I finally got my 3GS running iOS 5.0.1 jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.9b8. I got Cydia installed, and downloaded biteSMS, Semitether, and Respring from Cydia. I go to settings, nothing is different, shouldn't it look a tad different? I click on the "General" button, crash. I tap biteSMS, crash. Facebook, crash. Cydia does NOT crash, however.

Does anyone know what the deal is? My icons were white until I rebooted once and resprung twice, using the Respring app.

OP
W

Wya77

Reaction score
Rebooting did nothing. I guess back to square one for me..

bab2010

Reaction score
iphone 3GS jailbreak using redsnow for iOS 5 isn't resulting of an untether jailbreak? Why do you advice to boot tether if so?

OP
W

Wya77

Reaction score
I meant I rebooted tethered. Sorry for being vague. I did use redsn0w to reboot. I'm in the process of restoring now.

OP
W

Wya77

Reaction score
iphone 3GS jailbreak using redsnow for iOS 5 isn't resulting of an untether jailbreak? Why do you advice to boot tether if so?

I have the new bootrom, so doesn't that mean I can't get an untethered jailbreak?

OP
W

Wya77

Reaction score
Would using different programs to jailbreak have different outcomes of the jailbreak? Because I can get the phone jailbroken, the problems occur once it is jailbroken.

Jmills87

Reaction score
Once its jailbroken its jailbroken, but the methods are different. Sn0wbreeze creates an IPSW that has Cydia pre-installed. The methods of jailbreaking are different(although they use the same exploit) but the outcome is the same.

OP
W

Wya77

Reaction score
I see, so I would have to download the custom firmware, right?

OP
W

Wya77

Reaction score
I have my phone jailbroken again. I am downloading the Cydia updates because my packages were out of date.

I tried going to settings at it works properly. Fingers crossed.

Edit: I think I found the problem. Everything worked until I downloaded biteSMS, then it started crashing. Deleted it, everything works again.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wya77 said:
I have my phone jailbroken again. I am downloading the Cydia updates because my packages were out of date.

I tried going to settings at it works properly. Fingers crossed.

Edit: I think I found the problem. Everything worked until I downloaded biteSMS, then it started crashing. Deleted it, everything works again.

Make sure you are using the BiteSMS Beta. You need to add the beta repo to Cydia. A quick google will get you the details.

OP
W

Wya77

Reaction score
That was it, I found out last night. My issues have been resolved. Thank you.

Most reactions