What's new

Battery Life for Iphone4

I have a US Verizon version so no access to a SIM card or such however, I recently had problems with my iPhone and the local towers where I reside. I noticed that while the problems existed the service kept switching from Verizon to Extended (Alltel tower) constantly due to bad weather...while this was going on, the battery was literally being eaten away, even with everything that would drain a battery down off. Also, I live in a rural part of Illinois and this weekend I traveled and when I was in bad spots in Chicago I noticed that even when the iPhone was switching from Verizon 3G to Verizon with a little circle ( which I am taking is either 1x or low quality signal, the battery went very quickly as well.
I am 99.9% sure the one fault the iPhone has is when Carrier signal changes constantly or is searching it will devour the battery.

I have a US Verizon version so no access to a SIM card or such however, I recently had problems with my iPhone and the local towers where I reside. I noticed that while the problems existed the service kept switching from Verizon to Extended (Alltel tower) constantly due to bad weather...while this was going on, the battery was literally being eaten away, even with everything that would drain a battery down off. Also, I live in a rural part of Illinois and this weekend I traveled and when I was in bad spots in Chicago I noticed that even when the iPhone was switching from Verizon 3G to Verizon with a little circle ( which I am taking is either 1x or low quality signal, the battery went very quickly as well.
I am 99.9% sure the one fault the iPhone has is when Carrier signal changes constantly or is searching it will devour the battery.

Thank you friend. I think I should go to the phone service provider to check. Perhaps they have the answer for this problem!

I'm thinking about getting an Iphone4 and give up Android. I really would like a smartphone with better battery life. Can someone tell me how the battery life is on the Iphone4? Can you get a full day out of it without having to charge it before leaving work?

so much better than the androids , alot better

This is what i get with my battery under 4.3.2 iOS
4c4a9d7a-1e85-b2d9.jpg

It should be able to go to 13h of "usage time" before reaching 0%
When i was on 4.3.1 i could never go than 10h of "usage time".
So iOS version matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Came from the android side and had to always charge my phone during work.

With the iph:)ne, I go all day at work and charge it when i go to bed!

Love it!

The iPhone 4 has hands down best battery life of any phone i have ever had

I'm thinking about getting an Iphone4 and give up Android. I really would like a smartphone with better battery life. Can someone tell me how the battery life is on the Iphone4? Can you get a full day out of it without having to charge it before leaving work?

I came from a droidX..Battery life on the iphone is phenomenal! I go about a day and half with very heavy usage. I can now use my phone without fear of killing my battery.

+1 on that. I came from a Droid x too. I am lucky to get a good 10 hours moderate use from the droid

with heavy usage, i can get a whole day out of the iPhone

I work nights, and when I unplug my iPhone it's at 12:00pm. I go all day using it normally, ie: fb, some gaming, words w friends etc... I go in to work at 8:00pm and leave at 4:30am. And after 15+hrs of normal usage, my battery is at 25%. And that's due in part to me using it like a beast at work. Haha. My rooted D1 got 10hrs at most. So the iPhone rapes android on that front. Anyone know why their battery life fails so miserably???? Haha.

I work nights, and when I unplug my iPhone it's at 12:00pm. I go all day using it normally, ie: fb, some gaming, words w friends etc... I go in to work at 8:00pm and leave at 4:30am. And after 15+hrs of normal usage, my battery is at 25%. And that's due in part to me using it like a beast at work. Haha. My rooted D1 got 10hrs at most. So the iPhone rapes android on that front. Anyone know why their battery life fails so miserably???? Haha.

because their battery is miserable :)

I don't think it's the battery but all the crapolla running in the background like widgets, apps, etc.... Also the providers service as well.

thats cause there are so many other programs running in the background on the droid unlike the iPhone. the droid def multi-task much better plus the new droids with those HUGE screen doest not help

thats cause there are so many other programs running in the background on the droid unlike the iPhone. the droid def multi-task much better plus the new droids with those HUGE screen doest not help

Yes and even with their better multitak manager, their batteries are miserable. Yet apple have a bad multitak manager and their batteries are authenticaly awesome

I think the way Droid's handle the multi-tasking is one of the reasons of their battery drain....