What's new

Battery Life for Iphone4

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an Iphone4 and give up Android. I really would like a smartphone with better battery life. Can someone tell me how the battery life is on the Iphone4? Can you get a full day out of it without having to charge it before leaving work?

I'm thinking about getting an Iphone4 and give up Android. I really would like a smartphone with better battery life. Can someone tell me how the battery life is on the Iphone4? Can you get a full day out of it without having to charge it before leaving work?

i usually unplug at 7am and im at about 20-30% by 11pm

its seems people with the at&t iphone that got the 4.3 update a few weeks ago have been experiencing battery drain problems, my iphone with Verizon which got a 4.2.6 update has NO battery drain problems.

my iphone 4 goes three days without a charge with moderate usage

I came from a droidX..Battery life on the iphone is phenomenal! I go about a day and half with very heavy usage. I can now use my phone without fear of killing my battery.

I came from a droidX..Battery life on the iphone is phenomenal! I go about a day and half with very heavy usage. I can now use my phone without fear of killing my battery.

+1 Word for word :eek:)

I switched from an Incredible and the Iphone battery life blows it away!!

My wife uses hers mostly for phone calls and never really has time to play games and such. She typically pulls 5 days 10 hours with around 4 hours of usage so about 5 days 15 hours total before she needs to charge, and the phone still has about 5% battery left at that point.

Mine is usually 2 days, every other day it needs to be charged because at work I have very low service and it's constantly going in and out of 3g/wi fi/ and out of service.

i went from a droid x to the iphone 4 with verizon and battery life is horrible on the iphone.. its def my only complaint.. i how ever did just get it and gonna research how to get a little more battery life out of her.. i unplugged mine today at 8 am and its now 1051 and im at 32%

i went from a droid x to the iphone 4 with verizon and battery life is horrible on the iphone.. its def my only complaint.. i how ever did just get it and gonna research how to get a little more battery life out of her.. i unplugged mine today at 8 am and its now 1051 and im at 32%

I am an Android nut. That being said I just returned the Thunderbolt because with no to light usage I could only get 4 to 5 hours. On my VZW iPhone 4 I get GREAT life!!! I unplugged today at 9 am, a little facebook, youtube,twitter, a few short calls and a couple of text and I am now at......90% :)

so in 3 hours your phone is down 70% something is very wrong check and see if the phone is sleeping i bet its not.

I am an Android nut. That being said I just returned the Thunderbolt because with no to light usage I could only get 4 to 5 hours. On my VZW iPhone 4 I get GREAT life!!! I unplugged today at 9 am, a little facebook, youtube,twitter, a few short calls and a couple of text and I am now at......90% :)

So glad i didn't choose the thunderbolt! Thats awesome!

4G and display burns through the TB's battery, 3G it's about the same as the Droid X... I'm in the same boat. Have the TB, thinking about going iPhone 4, curious about battery life. I see some great battery testimonials in this thread, but wonder if they're AT&T or VZW.

edit: didn't realize when i first posted this that i was in the verizon part of the forum... *facepalm*

Last edited:
4G and display burns through the TB's battery, 3G it's about the same as the Droid X... I'm in the same boat. Have the TB, thinking about going iPhone 4, curious about battery life. I see some great battery testimonials in this thread, but wonder if they're AT&T or VZW.

edit: didn't realize when i first posted this that i was in the verizon part of the forum... *facepalm*

Facepalm hard dude.

Anyways, I can go a full weekend with moderate usage throughout without charging it. On weekdays it's every other day for sure because of the lack of coverage I have at work.

I had a droid eris and I can tell you my battery life has tripled! iPhone is fantastic!

im thinking its not.. ill look how to do that.. like i said i come from an android and am still getting used to this phone