What's new

Battery Life for Iphone4

I had a samsung fascinate and switched to iPhone 4. I am a heavy phone user and typically had to charge any of my android phones by lunch everyday. I can go a full day with heavy usage all day and when I plug in at night I still have around 20%

is losing 5 percent an hour in standby normal?!? No push accounts, no wifi, bt, or location. No running apps at all. I have restored multiple times, done a few cycles. It just really bothers me.

No its not normal thats way to high of a drain mine in standby is about 1% every 3-4 hours.

If it means anything to anyone.... (our phones are new)

We were geocaching yesterday - the phones were in usage/processing constantly for 3-4 hours straight (GPS & Geocaching APP) when the low battery warning came on (18%).

My husbands phone was about the same, 3-4 hours of constant usage when the low battery warning popped up.

Its a heck of a lot better than my Droid was......at least it lasts me a full day.

I am new user of Iphone 4. I am quite happy with the battery life as long as I am in my home country (Malaysia). Recently I travel to two overseas countries, and I noticed the phone sucks! The battery % drop down to 20% within 6 hours! I turn off the the following functions and still it sucks!
1. killed runing app.
2. stop location service
3. turn off push notification
4. Fetch new data off
5. turn off push mail
6. turn off wifi
7. turn off Bluetooth
8. turn of 3G
9. turn of data
10. turn off EQ
11. adjust the brightness.

I also noticed all these while the phone is "warm" not like the usual temperature when I am i my hme country.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I am new user of Iphone 4. I am quite happy with the battery life as long as I am in my home country (Malaysia). Recently I travel to two overseas countries, and I noticed the phone sucks! The battery % drop down to 20% within 6 hours! I turn off the the following functions and still it sucks!
1. killed runing app.
2. stop location service
3. turn off push notification
4. Fetch new data off
5. turn off push mail
6. turn off wifi
7. turn off Bluetooth
8. turn of 3G
9. turn of data
10. turn off EQ
11. adjust the brightness.

I also noticed all these while the phone is "warm" not like the usual temperature when I am i my hme country.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Do u have your country sim card inside the phone? If yes maybe the phone is trying all the time to find services from the sim card. You can either remove the sim from the phone or turn on Airplane mode from settings and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have my SIM card in the phone. The phone is wroking as usual. I cannot turn on Airplane mode because I am expecting calls any time.

Is there any other functions in my iphone that drained the power?

Then if the sim card is working and with good signal reception on the phone, while BT and a lot of other stuff are turned off, i can't understand why will the phone drop such a big % in a time record, also do not get why the phone will be getting hot more than usual, did you phone fall down at all? If u can, show up in apple store and expose them your issue, maybe your battery is going down.

Thanks for the advise. The phone is new less than 1 month. it has not being drop any time. The problem is when I sent the phone to Iphone store, it seems everything is normal. I only have this "systoms" when I am in overseas.

Thanks for the advise. The phone is new less than 1 month. it has not being drop any time. The problem is when I sent the phone to Iphone store, it seems everything is normal. I only have this "systoms" when I am in overseas.

Well i can't explain how that can happen. Maybe some others who already faced this issue will be able to help you solve that issue with your phone, otherwise i will suggest you the apple store, they will surely be able to explain you what's going on with the phone.

Thanks for the advise. The phone is new, less than 1 month old. The trouble is when I sent the phone to Iphone store, they cannot detect any problem.

Thanks for the advise. The phone is new, less than 1 month old. The trouble is when I sent the phone to Iphone store, they cannot detect any problem.

Ahhh i see, you have been in apple store with that issue already and they couldn't find any cure for your issue. Well you will need to wait for some other guys of the forum to respond to your if they happened to have an idea of what could be causing this behavior of your phone. Be patient.