What's new

OTA Updates for Iphone4

cece5702

Reaction score
FYI,
Just spoke with a Rep from Verizon and was told with the Iphone4 you have to connect your phone to your computer in order to receive any updates for the Iphone. They do not do OTA updates like they do for Android phones. She mentioned that was the only downside of getting the Iphone that she could think of. She did mention the battery life was better on the iphone than the X. You can also waive the App care fee of $69.99 for the Iphone4 and get the TEC- Total Equipment Coverage for $10.99 each month and that fee would cover anything that happens to the phone.

So I guess if the X life is ending as of 3/31 and they have no more in stock in the stores by my upgrade date of 4/28, I will go with the Iphone4?

I never knew trying to select a new phone would be this intense, Lol!!!!

If I were you with your upgrade date. I would wait for the next iphone or wait till summer if you can/want. If not honestly have you looked at the droid bionic? Are you in a 4g area? or upcoming one?

Just giving my honest opinion. I love my iPhone.

4G will not be in my area for at least another year or so or by 2013 they say. The Bionic is 4G ? I really dont want a 4G phone just yet. I want a 3G for now.
If I were you with your upgrade date. I would wait for the next iphone or wait till summer if you can/want. If not honestly have you looked at the droid bionic? Are you in a 4g area? or upcoming one?

Just giving my honest opinion. I love my iPhone.

Okay well in that case a bunch of android phones are coming out(just read droid x2 will be 4g (rumor)) The problem I have with people buying the iPhone now is that a new one is coming out in a few months. I have no problems with my iPhone I switched from a Droid1 and just have loved how smooth it is and don't regret my buy at all. But getting an Iphone 2 months before a new one comes out is hard to justify itself.

Of course we don't even know if VZW will get another iPhone this year or not.

The Iphone4 by Verizon is still considered new. It was just released in February if I'm not mistaken. I have not heard anything about Verizon releasing another Iphone to date. I thought the X2 was 3G? Out of all the 3G phones the Iphone4 is the most recent that is why I'm taking it into consideration.
Okay well in that case a bunch of android phones are coming out(just read droid x2 will be 4g (rumor)) The problem I have with people buying the iPhone now is that a new one is coming out in a few months. I have no problems with my iPhone I switched from a Droid1 and just have loved how smooth it is and don't regret my buy at all. But getting an Iphone 2 months before a new one comes out is hard to justify itself.

Of course we don't even know if VZW will get another iPhone this year or not.