What's new

jailbroken 4.3 > 4.33 update & backup restore questions

I still think your confusing jailbreak with unlock. Just because you've jailbroken your phone doesn't mean its unlocked. If you update your phone then you will still be able to use the sim that you are using now.

Once your phone is unlocked by the network you don't need to worry about updating and your warranty wont be affected. Jailbreaking however, does void your warranty...

I bought a iphone 4 online, i was told by the seller it was unlocked, but it did not work with my norwegain sim, so I had to buy a At&t and a gevey. This has been working, but I have had so trouble with the phone when i was making calls, so I then tried to restore the phone on itunes. when the prosses was finsihed, my gevey and sim card was no longer working, I got the message, wrong simcard (or something) So then I tried to reinstall it with the At&t and then the gevay, still not working... Need some help!

just wanted to report back that i finally got my phone unlocked by the carrier and its working great now (ios 4.3.5 and within the next few hours ios 5!).

however, i had to completely reset the phone to get the unlock code - just letting it communicate with the apple servers through itunes, no matter whether just while itunes is open and online, or trying a restore/update, didnt work.
modem firmware is still 4.10.01.

thanks again for your help!

necrophyte said:
just wanted to report back that i finally got my phone unlocked by the carrier and its working great now (ios 4.3.5 and within the next few hours ios 5!).

however, i had to completely reset the phone to get the unlock code - just letting it communicate with the apple servers through itunes, no matter whether just while itunes is open and online, or trying a restore/update, didnt work.
modem firmware is still 4.10.01.

thanks again for your help!

Glad the forum could be a help.