What's new

TUTORIAL - Re-restore IOS 5.x on iPhone4S using redsn0w and SHSH Blobs

If you have never manual fully resorted then the chances are this simply won't work :(
You need an APTicket which aligns with your blobs. Factory install and OTA won't cut it.

There is no alternative option if you fall foul of this. Sorry.

does anyone have news about restoring with an OTA ? i would love to be able to restore my 4S :(

I recently bought a JB iPhone 4S running ios 5.1.1 , is there anyway to know if it had 5.1.1 viao OTA ? ( i want to re-restore , i have 5.1.1 , 6.0.1 , 6.1 , 6.1.2, 6.1.3 BLOBs ) ... help ?

( I used ifaith tho it doesn't support it , but i just used it with 5.1.1 blob, it said VALOD APTICKET but ifaith is not supported atm .. so i can re-restore right ? )

Last edited:
The only way you can really check it is to attempt to re-restore and see if the restoration process goes through. But since it's jailbroken, you also have 2 alternatives: ILEX RAT or Semi-Restore, neither of which requires blobs.

The only way you can really check it is to attempt to re-restore and see if the restoration process goes through. But since it's jailbroken, you also have 2 alternatives: ILEX RAT or Semi-Restore, neither of which requires blobs.

I know ILEX RAT or SEMI-RESTORE but i dnt want to restore it with jailbreak , i want to lose the jailbreak and update it to ios 7 but the thing is that , it has a turbo sim card , the yellow chip ? yea, and i don't know if it works on ios 7 , do you know ? >.>

i think imma stick with ios 6.1.2 Evasion

Last edited:
Then your only option is to stay on 5.1.1, wait for a software update for your interposer, then upgrade to iOS 7. Regardless of how many times you post this question and how many places you do so, it won't change the fact that you CANNOT restore to iOS 6 of any kind, and if you want to re-restore without blobs, you can only do so with a jailbreak.