What's new

How to downgrade your iPhone4S, iPad2 or iPad3

Yep it's like Zig said, TU is basically just a manual SHSH saving tool that also has the ability to pull your SHSH from the Cydia "cloud" and store them locally on your computer.

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the JB community and had a queation, it may be dumb but bear with me.

I got a new iPhone 4S that came with 5.0.1, I've upgraded twice to 5.1.1. I have never had it JB, and therefore don't have CYDIA and didn't save any SHSH files on TU until today.

My question is does that mean I cannot JB the phone because I don't have any 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs saved? Or is there some way I can get the Blobs?

Thanks for the help,

Steve

Correct, there is no way to downgrade back to 5.0.1 without SHSH blobs. The 5.1.1 jailbreak will be out in the next few days so just hold tight!

FC Stevo said:
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the JB community and had a queation, it may be dumb but bear with me.

I got a new iPhone 4S that came with 5.0.1, I've upgraded twice to 5.1.1. I have never had it JB, and therefore don't have CYDIA and didn't save any SHSH files on TU until today.

My question is does that mean I cannot JB the phone because I don't have any 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs saved? Or is there some way I can get the Blobs?

Thanks for the help,

Steve

There is no way to get the blobs.

But I'd your phone was on 5.0.1 then you could have jailbroken.

You need SHSH for restoring only. The jailbreak is just firmware specific and does not require SHSH blobs.

You can or save SHSH for the iOS that is currently being signed..which rite now is 5.1.1 only.

I have an iPad2 presently on 5.1.1 un-jailbroken. The latest Absinthe tool just doesn't work for me. I was jailbroken on 5.0.1. I want to downgrade back to 5.0.1. Presumably I will be able jailbreak that again. now that ios6 is out do I have to upgrade to that first, then downgrade?

At this time, if you upgrade to iOS 6, you cannot downgrade; you are locked to iOS 6. In addition, you cannot downgrade to iOS 5.0.1. Sorry, but the Apple signing window has closed and, even with blobs, there is nothing you can do with the iPad2.

Since you say that Absinthe doesn't work for you - have you tried the redsn0w jailbreak tool?

Marilyn

P.S. BTW, you can find out a lot more about jail breaking the iPad over at our sister forum, iPadForum.net

Well what I ended up doing was re-restoring 5,1,1 using Redsn0w 0,9,15b2, the appropriate ipsw file, and an shsh blob that was on Cydia from back when I was Jailbroken on 5,0,1. At the first reboot I chose to not restore my backup but rather setup as a new iPad. After that I was able to jailbreak using Redsn0w 0,9,15b2. After he jailbreak I restored my old data and apps and such with iTunes.

I need downgrade my iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.2 to 5.0.1 but i dont have any SHSH blobs.

what i can do?

This problem sucks :(

I have an iphone 4s ios 6.1.2 but i restart it and don't have the carrier sim to activate it.

anyone know what I can do?

my iphone is useless. :confused:

Thanks for help.

This problem sucks :(

anyone know what I can do?

my iphone is useless. :confused:

Thanks for help.
There isn't a "hactivation" method for the 4S or iP5. Unfortunately, the only way to activate these two devices is w/ a SIM card from it's original wireless provider.

I need downgrade my iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.2 to 5.0.1 but i dont have any SHSH blobs.

what i can do?

Even if you have blobs, you can downgrade below the iOS 6 threshold on the 4S and the iPad 3 since you don't have iOS 4 blobs as your bridge like the iPad 2 does.