What's new

HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella

I downloaded Tiny umbrella. Follow the directions. But it shows no saved blobs. Did I do something wrong. I am looking to unlock my phone.

Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 05.12.01-6.4_M3S2

OK guys I saved my blobs for the first time with TU. Upon finishing, it shows the current version 4.3.5, but also what seems like an older version 4.1 (8B117). Is this one able to be jailbroken(untethered)? It also shows 5.0b1. Thanks.

Thanks i saved my blobs
5.beta1-beta7,GM

although i think its useless as i wanna update to ios5 in the future
but thanks anyway

Im new here hw do i post something because i wnt to use my blocked 3gs as a ipod touch but its stuck on 'could not activate iphone'.

I had been hunting for a good how-to-use TU guide, since TU throws up the Forewarn: don't use this unless you know exactly what you're doing warning. Found this one and gave it a whirl...and looks like I have:
4.1 (8B117)
4.3.5 (8L1)
5.0.1 (9A405)
5.1b1 (9B5117b)

Running 5.0.1 3gs untethered JB using redsn0w 09.10b1 on BB 05.16.05

The how-to guide is very easy and straight forward. Thank you.

i have saved blobs from 4 to 4.x.x (except 4.3.4) and 5.0.1

thanks for the tutorial.. it helped me a lot

It is not a rumour. Saved blobs for 5.x will be of no use for once it is officially released to the public. You will not be able to restore a previous 5.x firmware, only the "current" one. :(

Has this actually proven to be the case? I just spend 20 minutes figuring out how to save my 5.0.1 blobs on my 4s just in case pod2g get us a jb soon. They're really worthless and we're hosed when 5.1 comes out ?

Rik756 said:
Has this actually proven to be the case? I just spend 20 minutes figuring out how to save my 5.0.1 blobs on my 4s just in case pod2g get us a jb soon. They're really worthless and we're hosed when 5.1 comes out ?

Blobs for 5.x on iPhone 4S are currently useless, yes. That does not mean that you should not save them though, especially now TU saves the APTicket too. You never know what use they might be in the future if a viale A5 bottom exploit is found.

Last edited:
Blobs for 5.x on iPhone 4S are currently useless, yes. That does not mean that you should not save them though, especially now TU saves the APTicket too. You never know what use they might be in the future if a viale A5 bottom exploit is found.
I saved them, I just hoping it was going to be more beneficial.

Thanks for the info.

Older thread , but you guys cant say i wasnt searching !! haha

I just used TU to save my 5.1.1 Blobs and they showed up just fine.

After i used Cydia to get them to TU, they appeared .

I then unchecked the "request SHSH from Cydia and requested SHSH again and got the newest 6.0gm (10A403)

I assume this was correct and ok ??

Older thread , but you guys cant say i wasnt searching !! haha

I just used TU to save my 5.1.1 Blobs and they showed up just fine.

After i used Cydia to get them to TU, they appeared .

I then unchecked the "request SHSH from Cydia and requested SHSH again and got the newest 6.0gm (10A403)

I assume this was correct and ok ??

All present and correct. And good effort for searching first! ;)

HELP Please...
Now the thing is I have an IPhone 3gs and I was running ios 4.3 and it was jailbroken so recently I upgraded the ios to 6.0.1 and I tried to jailbrake it and dowload the cydia using redsn0w and I think I have succeeded. Now, I want to downgrade it to ios 5.1.1 since ios 6 isn't really working out for me but I dont have any PREVIOUSLY saved shsh blobs for ios 5.1.1 I only have shsh blobs for ios 4.. so how can I downgrade my iphone ios 6.0.1 to ios 5.1.1 and how can I get the shsh blobs for ios 5.1.1 ???

HELP Please...
Now the thing is I have an IPhone 3gs and I was running ios 4.3 and it was jailbroken so recently I upgraded the ios to 6.0.1 and I tried to jailbrake it and dowload the cydia using redsn0w and I think I have succeeded. Now, I want to downgrade it to ios 5.1.1 since ios 6 isn't really working out for me but I dont have any PREVIOUSLY saved shsh blobs for ios 5.1.1 I only have shsh blobs for ios 4.. so how can I downgrade my iphone ios 6.0.1 to ios 5.1.1 and how can I get the shsh blobs for ios 5.1.1 ???

You can't get the blobs anymore. If they're not saved on your computer using TinyUmbrella when the window was open, or if they're not on Cydia's servers right now, then you can't them anymore. The only iOS' you can downgrade to are the ones that you have the blobs for. Once the signing window closes, you can't save them anymore.

HELP Please...

If you were Jailbroken the whole time up until you upgraded to 6,0,1 then I'm thinking the shsh blobs should be at Cydia. My understanding is Cydia saves all of your blobs automatically.