What's new

Battery Life for Iphone4

this is my usage.

Attachments

• $image-2728053411.jpg
    $image-2728053411.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 429
See yours is on wifi and still shows usage. Mine won't. But idk if it has to do with jailbreak and some of the tweaks I download

By usage I think it just means the amount of time, ANY time that the phone is being used and is not in sleep mode.

You are in the Verizon forums and that means that we DONT have 4.3...... .go to the right forum.

Basically just bought the iphone4 about two weeks ago and i am not happy with its battery life if i use my ipod for a hour it will take like 3% of the battery i have been reading reviews and they recon you can use it for 38 hours using apps etc

So based on that 3% approximation, your battery would last 33 hours. Why would that make you unhappy? Considering that Droid batteries don't even last 16 hours I would have to say your battery is pretty good. Plus if you put it in airplane mode and listen to the iPod you would get even more battery since it's not searching for service. I think you need to reconsider what you want in a battery, because if the battery on the iPhone doesn't please you, you need to go back to a flip phone... That's the only battery that will last you longer.

I'm very happy withthe battery life. I listen to music 2 hours a day, surf a bit, text, and a few phone calls, and charged my phoned Friday night, and now after 54 hours I am at 50%. Better than my droid X ever gave me.

wxman2003 said:
I'm very happy withthe battery life. I listen to music 2 hours a day, surf a bit, text, and a few phone calls, and charged my phoned Friday night, and now after 54 hours I am at 50%. Better than my droid X ever gave me.

that's real good.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

You get 54 hours?!?! you must not call or text alot! I would cry out of happiness. lol

A couple of things I have done that has improved battery life that I learned from my iPad. First go into settings, store, and sign out. Otherwise it does a lot on pinging. No sense being logged in if you don't use the store everyday. Need to check if there is an update for an app, or to get one, or to go into iTunes, just go back into store and log back on. Next, after I fully charged the first time, I did a reboot with power cord attached. Then I activated phone, and got an app called battery boost which fast charges, then trickle charges, and then does a top off charge. Seems to have made the battery drain better.

A couple of things I have done that has improved battery life that I learned from my iPad. First go into settings, store, and sign out. Otherwise it does a lot on pinging. No sense being logged in if you don't use the store everyday. Need to check if there is an update for an app, or to get one, or to go into iTunes, just go back into store and log back on. Next, after I fully charged the first time, I did a reboot with power cord attached. Then I activated phone, and got an app called battery boost which fast charges, then trickle charges, and then does a top off charge. Seems to have made the battery drain better.

I don't see any "Battery boost" app that does what you say it does, what's the icon look like?

I routinely get 48-55 hours on my phone with 6-7 hours of usage, my wife gets up to 6 days on her battery with 8+ hours of usage.

is losing 5 percent an hour in standby normal?!? No push accounts, no wifi, bt, or location. No running apps at all. I have restored multiple times, done a few cycles. It just really bothers me.