What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

I am on 4.2.8 jailbreaked iPhone 4 Verizon. I was going to update to 5.1.1 then jailbreak it after work tonight.

I wont beable to jailbreak 5.1.1 now because of the new build? Im still on 4.2.8.

So are you saying we can never backup and restore from the backup?

Or

Are you saying Don't Hit The Update Button as that will update the build number and say bye to your JB?

I like to keep it simple is all and Don't Update The IOS ever until a untethered jailbreak is out for it.

I am saying there is a new build of 5.1.1 but I do not know if it patches the jailbreak or not so I would advise not to risk it by pressing restore in itunes

I am saying there is a new build of 5.1.1 but I do not know if it patches the jailbreak or not so I would advise not to risk it by pressing restore in itunes

From what i been reading and just posted about it a few posts above this, it appears it was only released for the GSM version, but i can't say for sure if apple since yesterday has not released it out for all phones.

So for whoever wants to be a "guinea pig" then by all means go ahead and post here to let us know.

If your happy with what Ios your on now and JB'd then i advise you stay tuned to see what others are saying.

I Hope Pod2g can revise Absinthe for ppl.

Is this only for the 4 and not the 4s, I am ready to press the update button and I am not sure if I should risk it.

iphon 4S 32gb downgraded & Jailbroken on 5.0.1

Update:

If you’ve accidentally upgraded to the revised iOS 5.1.1 Build 9B208 then download iOS 5.1.1 Build 9B206 from this download link to revert back until pod2g and team add support for this revised version to Absinthe 2.0.x. You will be able to revert as long as Apple continues to sign the older version.

Yes, confirmed. The old .ipsw still works. Hold shift on Windows or Alt on Mac and hit the restore button, then choose the old .ipsw.

You may have to look for the .206 build on some external sites now.

Read my posts PPL

The JB will not work on the 9B208 Build

So look for the 9B206 build and download it and follow my instructions in my previous post.

From what i been reading and just posted about it a few posts above this, it appears it was only released for the GSM version, but i can't say for sure if apple since yesterday has not released it out for all phones.

So for whoever wants to be a "guinea pig" then by all means go ahead and post here to let us know.

If your happy with what Ios your on now and JB'd then i advise you stay tuned to see what others are saying.

I Hope Pod2g can revise Absinthe for ppl.

The first post I read was from ih8sn0w and he does mention that its only for the iphone 4 GSM and I posted that in my first post about it but today in #ios I was being told its for all devices but either way I am going to avoid pressing restore in itunes

Read my last few posts on page 14 of this thread.

Ppl need to download the older version via external links and follow my instructions
if you get a copy of the older build, post some links here Unleashed.

XamDam said:
Update:

If you’ve accidentally upgraded to the revised iOS 5.1.1 Build 9B208 then download iOS 5.1.1 Build 9B206 from this download link to revert back until pod2g and team add support for this revised version to Absinthe 2.0.x. You will be able to revert as long as Apple continues to sign the older version.

Yes, confirmed. The old .ipsw still works. Hold shift on Windows or Alt on Mac and hit the restore button, then choose the old .ipsw.

You may have to look for the .206 build on some external sites now.

I had downloaded the file yestarday . How cud i know is it a previos version or latest version where can i see 9b206 in downloaded file?

Read my last few posts on page 14 of this thread.

Ppl need to download the older version via external links and follow my instructions
if you get a copy of the older build, post some links here Unleashed.

I downloaded 5.1.1 from Apple two days ago but did not restore via iTunes yet. It's sitting there ready for me to restore.
1) how can I tell if it's old release or new? Where can I see the build number? How can I choose IT for the restore and not the new build?
2)will apple close signing window today
3) if Cydia has saved my 5.1.1 (old build) SHSH blobs automatically, will I be able to downgrade if I accidentally upgrade to the new build?

Last edited:
turbo508 said:
any other recommended sources I should add? Sources just give me access to DL certain programs within cydia right(they dont actually DL the apps themselves?)

I they they DL the apps themselves.

Ok if you have downloaded 5.1.1 before yesterday, 99% chance its 9B206 and not the new one, so it should be fine.

I never downloades it as i updated to it last week, so just look at file name or any readme if there is any or risk restoring it using that file. I would guess its fine if its from two days ago, but if its from yesterday or today i would say no.

Unleashed provided a link, now make sure its 9B206

Ok if you have downloaded 5.1.1 before yesterday, 99% chance its 9B206 and not the new one, so it should be fine.

I never downloades it as i updated to it last week, so just look at file name or any readme if there is any or risk restoring it using that file. I would guess its fine if its from two days ago, but if its from yesterday or today i would say no.

Unleashed provided a link, now make sure its 9B206

So a Verizon (CDMA) iphone 4 SHOULD be okay if i will update tonight.... As of now

So a Verizon (CDMA) iphone 4 SHOULD be okay if i will update tonight.... As of now

Yes and if not get the one from the link Unleashed provided they are all listed there.

Download it now and do it as soon as possible cause if apple closes the signing your out of luck.