What's new

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak the iPhone4S on 5.0 or 5.0.1 with Absinthe

For all those with white icons there's a fix for this on cydia

Whats the fix Baron10?

Also, when I install anything icon, or dock related, like infinidoc or 5 icon dock, it takes all my apps out of folders and re-arranges them? anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to un do it without having to manually put everything back in folders again?

I did not have to use the VPN solution when I jail broke my 4 S. If I remember correctly, you just tap the VPN tab that Absenthe/Cydia added then retap the Cydia icon. If my memory is not correct would someone please weigh in.

I am having the same problem with the VPN and no one seems to be able to help. There is NO CYDIA icon on my phone to tap.

From what I remember once Absenthe does it magic it should add a Green icon labeled Absenthe. Tap that icon. Some folks report receiving an error message others report that their screen remains blank. I did not!

The "reported" solution tap home, tap settings, tap general, tap network, tap VPN, tap on, and wait. You should receive " a configuration error occurred", tap OK. Your phone will reboot (this may take a few minutes) and the Absenthe icon will have been replaced with the Cydia icon.

Your phone should still be connected to your computer. Once the Cydia icon is displayed you can disconnect from your computer and have fun.

I hope this is helpful.

Mike

Zibawal said:
So I should search for bug fix or Duplicate icons? Pls advise me
Thanks

Just searching for duplicate icons should do it