What's new

4s ios 6.1.2 - sevwre battery drain

dkodek

Reaction score
Experiencing horrible battery life. Use lotus notes via Traveler App for work and yahoo mail for personal on iPhone 4S. Understand Microsoft Exchange servers being blamed for battery drain. Would my setup w lotus notes stand to be improved with the latest iOS or only for Microsoft exchange users? Thank you.

Last edited:
Experiencing horrible battery life. Use lotus notes via Traveler App for work and yahoo mail for personal on iPhone 4S. Understand Microsoft Exchange servers being blamed for battery drain. Would my setup w lotus notes stand to be improved with the latest iOS or only for Microsoft exchange users? Thank you.

What's your battery drain...% per hour?

Is the attached battery life normal? I have a 6 month old IPhone 4S. Usage is entirely wifi browsing and music. I am outside cellular range so zero calls. Thanks.

Attachments

• $image-1065051745.jpg
    $image-1065051745.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 486
Ampress said:
Is the attached battery life normal? I have a 6 month old IPhone 4S. Usage is entirely wifi browsing and music. I am outside cellular range so zero calls. Thanks.

iOS 6.01

What's your battery drain...% per hour?

Don't have precise %, but start at 100% at 7am. Moderate phone, email, and Internet usage daily. No music, video, games, etc. down to 10% by 1 or 2 pm. Thank you.

That is pretty severe. At work with the wacky WiFi, I am down to 50% after 10 hours of heavy use, no videos or music streaming. With the better WiFi at home it will go all day to 50%

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Severe is right. I too made the mistake of upgrading to 6.1.2. Here's my 2nd screenshot. Down to 50% in 3h 50m whereas with 6.0.1 it was 50% after 5h 50m. Same settings and similar usage. Only wifi. No cellular calls at all. Some music. Sheesh! Disappointed to say the least!

They should allow you to rollback if the upgrade doesn't work for you.

Attachments

• $image-1993066279.jpg
    $image-1993066279.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 458
Are you normally in a No Service area? Your phone may be constantly searching for a signal and eating battery life. Try putting your phone in airplane mode and then turning wifi back on. Then see what your battery life is.

Yes I am normally in a no service area. But I purposely did not activate airplane mode for a proper comparison. When on 6.0.1 also I was not in airplane mode.

In order to get some semblance of a normal battery life I am now being forced to not only activate airplane mode but also switch off all notifications and reduce email fetch etc. it shouldn't be this way. IMHO

Same here I'm just thinking that its just a stage the phone will get use to the os and It will get better battery life

Could be. Certainly hope so. Have you noticed any drop in battery percentage when the phone is on standby?

Just out of curiosity, is Siri turned on or off for those with a draining issue.

Try turning Siri off and test out the battery life then.