What's new

iPhone 4S Battery Drain

If you have weak service and your phone is constantly searching for a signal...that is why your battery is draining.

I had a problem of rapid battery drain which turned out to be caused by two Apps trying to update when there was no room to put the extra data. They were doing it automatically. I had overloaded my 16GB phone with too much music. Problem went away by deleting some music. Updates happened. Battery stopped draining. Hope this helps. 🚣

It still is like this.
I have found out that everytime it is completely drained off battery and it gets turned on after, the network does not come up before I have turned it off and on (or hard reset) it many times. I don't know if it is how many times I do it, or if I do it after so so long time. But it's really annoying!

When I have signal it is usually full, so I guess it's not why the battery is being drained. Because the battery gets drained fast whenever the signal is full or not.

I have like 24 GB free now after restoring, (before I had like 15 GB free) and no apps needs to be updated. So it can't be it.

Hey!
I have come to the point where I'm gonna try to change the battery. iOS 7 didn't fix the battery problems either.
Do anyone know if I could go for a battery that has a higher mAh then the original?
The original has 1,432mAh. Can I go for a 2,680mAh instead?
Or is that a bad choice?

Hey!
I have come to the point where I'm gonna try to change the battery. iOS 7 didn't fix the battery problems either.
Do you (or anyone else) know if I could go for a battery that has a higher mAh then the original?
The original has 1,432mAh. Can I go for a 2,680mAh instead?
Or is that a bad choice?

Last edited:
U cant find a same dimension battery with that capacity. Thats for sure, u should use 1420 or 1430mha. U dont have android, so u dont need 3000mha

U cant find a same dimension battery with that capacity. Thats for sure, u should use 1420 or 1430mha. U dont have android, so u dont need 3000mha

So it's no point?
But I have already found a battery with 2,680mAh to iPhone 4S.

Last edited:
Its only a sticker. U have to have bigger battery to have bigger capacity. If it could be posible, apple would put it regary in the phone. Its not nearly 2800. Only a sticker

I use external battery . It has 5000mha and i can charge my phone about 2,5 times. I carrie it with me all the time, for me its best solution.

I use external battery . It has 5000mha and i can charge my phone about 2,5 times. I carrie it with me all the time, for me its best solution.

I don't like dragging with me extra stuff and I don't want the phone to be bigger either.

You can't replace the battery w a bigger one. Time to probably just replace the phone or get a new battery that's fresh and it should be like new for battery life.

You can't replace the battery w a bigger one. Time to probably just replace the phone or get a new battery that's fresh and it should be like new for battery life.

Ok. Thanks.

I have a iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.3

My phone suddenly started to drain the battery.
I have updated it for a long time ago, so it can't be it.

I really don't know what the reason is, but in an hour it drained about 25%
And I barely used it! I barely used it and it was dead before the day was over yesterday.

I have no Exchange e-mails either.
But I have turned off and on stuff, deleted e-mail and iClouds accounts.
Hard reset it to.
Low brightness and almost no push notifications.
No programs is running and it's not turning hot either.

So what can this be?
My 4s drained like mad after ios7 (18% to 20% per hour) ... I did all of this you described ... yesterday I switched off 3G (I do have wifi in office and at home) - and my usage is back to normal (12% to 13% max)... I don't know if it is the problem, but I think the 3G signal is not that good and the phone is constantly trying to search for it somehow... I sure do hope it's a permanent cure....