What's new

iPhone 4S Battery Drain

Same here, here is my screenshot. Its cataclismic

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380118696.627082.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I had a somewhat similar issue with my 3GS, although the iPhone did get mildly warm while the battery was depleting with no reason.

I finally found it was caused by a metal case I bought, that restrained the cell signal to one bar / no bars, thus the phone was constantly trying to stay connected.

I removed the case and the signal instantly raised, the phone got cooler and the battery stopped "leaking" it's energy at that rate.

... Do you happen to have a metallic case ?

... Just a thought, 'hope this helped a bit!

Hi,

I had a somewhat similar issue with my 3GS, although the iPhone did get mildly warm while the battery was depleting with no reason.

I finally found it was caused by a metal case I bought, that restrained the cell signal to one bar / no bars, thus the phone was constantly trying to stay connected.

I removed the case and the signal instantly raised, the phone got cooler and the battery stopped "leaking" it's energy at that rate.

... Do you happen to have a metallic case ?

... Just a thought, 'hope this helped a bit!
Skull should come in on this one. My logic tells me that poor signal can cause it. My previous post referred to my 4s battery that increased after switching off 3G. Maybe it's the same problem where the phone constantly search for signal.

I'm not Skull, but my avatar looks like his. ;)

Anywho! Metal cases are notoriously known for interfering with a phones cellular antenna, thus making the phone work harder to find a signal from the tower. Which is more than likely why your battery was getting warm.

More expensive metal cases are lined with rubber or felt to combat this issue.

I'm not Skull, but my avatar looks like his. ;)

Anywho! Metal cases are notoriously known for interfering with a phones cellular antenna, thus making the phone work harder to find a signal from the tower. Which is more than likely why your battery was getting warm.

More expensive metal cases are lined with rubber or felt to combat this issue.
Hi Darkstar. Thanks a lot. I think my 3G signal is not that good and that's why I'm having this problem. But before ios7 it wasn't a problem. Hope mine is fixed now. But I'll switch it on tomorrow to see if there's a difference. If it's ok, then I don't know. But I will not complain.

Hi Darkstar. Thanks a lot. I think my 3G signal is not that good and that's why I'm having this problem. But before ios7 it wasn't a problem. Hope mine is fixed now. But I'll switch it on tomorrow to see if there's a difference. If it's ok, then I don't know. But I will not complain.

Ok sorry about that! I was reading AlphaMikes post!
It could be a software issue, but if you happen to have a friend or family member with the same device and software, you can try to get them to come over and see what their signal looks like.

It could also be a coincidental problem with the towers in your area. It might be worthwhile to call your telecom provider and find out!

Either way, let us know what your signal looks like tomorrow!

its software isaue. i had 5.1.1 for a year now and i got easily 8 hours of usage and 1 day standby. now, 6 hours standby and 3 hours usage. i turn everything off, i did a restore. running out of ideas