What's new

IOS 6.1.2 for iPhone 4s?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm jailbroken on IOS 6.1 and I was wondering whether or not is advisable to update to IOS 6.1.2, I know it's jailbreakable but I've read that the battery life drain is even worse than IOS 6.1.1 and that the phone overheats even more (Personally, I haven't updated to 6.1.1 because I've read some concerning things such as these, so I stayed on 6.1), so, are these "rumors" true? That the phone overheats and that the battery drains faster? I read that the new version should actually fix the drain not cause it, that's why I'm asking. Thanks a lot in advance.

John

Hi everyone, I'm jailbroken on IOS 6.1 and I was wondering whether or not is advisable to update to IOS 6.1.2, I know it's jailbreakable but I've read that the battery life drain is even worse than IOS 6.1.1 and that the phone overheats even more (Personally, I haven't updated to 6.1.1 because I've read some concerning things such as these, so I stayed on 6.1), so, are these "rumors" true? That the phone overheats and that the battery drains faster? I read that the new version should actually fix the drain not cause it, that's why I'm asking. Thanks a lot in advance.

John
Every iOS update has been accompanied by rumors of increased battery drain and overheating. In most cases, the increased battery drain can be traced to incompatible apps and/or tweaks installed on the iPhone or iPad.

The evasi0n jailbreak has been updated to include iOS 6.1.2. http://evasi0n.com/

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Every iOS update has been accompanied by rumors of increased battery drain and overheating. In most cases, the increased battery drain can be traced to incompatible apps and/or tweaks installed on the iPhone or iPad.

The evasi0n jailbreak has been updated to include iOS 6.1.2. http://evasi0n.com/

So, basically, you're saying that if I were to install the exact same tweaks I have now and also the exact same apps I shouldn't have any battery drain? Thanks for helping me out

So, basically, you're saying that if I were to install the exact same tweaks I have now and also the exact same apps I shouldn't have any battery drain? Thanks for helping me out

Not necessarily. In some cases, the tweaks may not be compatible with the new iOS and cause problems, including increased battery drain.

Not necessarily. In some cases, the tweaks may not be compatible with the new iOS and cause problems, including increased battery drain.

I see, I thought that if a tweak is compatible with IOS 6 is for all IOS 6 such as 6.1, 6.1.2 etc, uhm... if I may ask, let's say I were to install a tweak and then notice battery drain, by uninstalling it battery should go back to normal right? Or do I have to restore the iPhone? Thanks a lot again for helping me out

I see, I thought that if a tweak is compatible with IOS 6 is for all IOS 6 such as 6.1, 6.1.2 etc, uhm... if I may ask, let's say I were to install a tweak and then notice battery drain, by uninstalling it battery should go back to normal right? Or do I have to restore the iPhone? Thanks a lot again for helping me out

If a tweak is causing problems, then the removal of that tweak would end the problem.

If a tweak is causing problems, then the removal of that tweak would end the problem.

Along with a respring or reboot if it doesn't trigger a respring after removing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I see, thanks a lot for replies, you've been really super kind