What's new

ios 6.1, 6.1.1, 6.1.2 how are they different?

dstuttgen

Reaction score
I am at ios 6.1 on my iPhone 4s. what I can't determine is what are the benefits of upgrading to the 6.1.1 or 6.1.2 version. Where do I go to find out what each does for me so I can determine whether I want to upgrade of if I need to. Is this making any sense?

Dan

iOS 6.1 introduced a lockscreen exploit where whoever has your phone can access your address book and such. 6.1.1 still had that issue, but iOS 6.1.1 was released to fix a 3G issue for the iPhone 4S. iOS 6.1.2 was released to fix the Exchange error as well as patch the lockscreen exploit. Some users like to have the latest iOS, me personally, I prefer to stick with 1 iOS until another golden one is released.

Right now I feel good on 6.1 and really don't want to go mucking about with updates unless it is some major fix.

cheers.

Just make sure you have all the blobs saved for the iOS's just in case you need them in the future

Shortly after upgrading to 6.1.2 on my iPhone 4, I am now having issues with multiple apps crashing almost on a regular basis. Is it the upgrade or the apps that aren't caught up to the upgrade. I've never had an issue like this after an upgrade. Thoughts, opinions, comments, concerns, questions?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Delete the app, reboot your phone and reinstall. Might be a hiccup when trying to get your application data back on the device.

Delete the app, reboot your phone and reinstall. Might be a hiccup when trying to get your application data back on the device.

I'll try it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I just tend to upgrade any way regardless of if there any any benefits or not.. some just have bug fixes

well actualy I have IOS 6.1.2 and the battery is giong ok for me. so I dont have problems actually with that iOS

Sent from my iPhone 4S

well actualy I have IOS 6.1.2 and the battery is giong ok for me. so I dont have problems actually with that iOS

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Hi Diego...I see you have found your way here on this forum!

I am also on 6.1.2 and have not experienced battery issues as well. Actually my battery life is quite good!!