What's new

Apple Releases iOS 6.1.2 to Correct Battery Life Bug

Should a person be doing 6.1.2 with the jailbreak already done on 6.1.1 ?

Should a person be doing 6.1.2 with the jailbreak already done on 6.1.1 ?

The evasi0n jailbreak fully supports iOS 6.1.2. It's your choice whether or not you want to upgrade. You should be aware, however, that the next iOS release, iOS 6.1.3 will not be jailbreakable at the present time. If you do choose to upgrade to iOS 6.1.2, you have to do it before the signing window closes.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Thanks. I guess did 6.1.2 address anything ? Like battery drain ? Of so was it noticeable difference ? I usually do all updates but wouldn't want to go through it for not really gaining if you know what I mean

Thank you. So silly question info upgrade to 6.1.2 do I have to jailbreak again ?

Thank you. So silly question info upgrade to 6.1.2 do I have to jailbreak again ?
Yes... updating or restoring your iOS always requires Jailbreaking again. If you're planning on updating to iOS 6.1.2... you need to do it now, though. iOS 6.1.3 is just around the corner and could drop any day. iOS 6.1.3 cannot be Jailbroken Untethered or Tethered on the 4S or iP5.

I looked on ***** for 6.1.2 and it doesn't appear so should I assume that I use 6.1.1 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I updated to 6.1.2 to see if the battery life was better and I think it's worse

I have the 5 and it like very noticeable

I believe its better for the 5 then the 4s because my exchange was fine with 6.1.1 i wish apple could have specify for which model its good for