What's new

Apple Releases Update 5.0.1 to Everyone - Includes Bug Fixes and Battery Improvements

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ios-5-update.jpg

Apple will be sending the the 5.0.1 iOS update OTA starting today to everyone. This is the same update we shared with you previously that was being seeded to testers and select folks with battery problems. The Apple support blog shares the following on the update:

• This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
  • Fixes bugs affecting battery life
  • Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
  • Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
  • Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
    Products compatible with this software update:
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 4
  • iPhone 3GS
  • iPad 2
  • iPad
  • iPod touch (4th generation)
  • iPod touch (3rd generation)
To get the update you can either wait for it OTA on your iPhone, or you can log into iTunes and do it manually. Keep in mind that you don't want to get this update if you have a Jailbroken phone as it will erase your Jailbreak.

Source: Apple Support

I downloaded it and it SUCKS still no difference in battery life especially when I start listening to Tune in Radio app.

Put it on my iPhone 4 yesterday, don't see any differences in performance. My battery usage wasn't that bad to begin with.

I havent seen any change on myn 4s but I really didnt have any issues with battery drain either , my wife however says her iPad 1 seems to work a bit better with it, I have no idea why.

Same here...Did the update, see no difference. Then again I have no issues.

5er driver said:
Put it on my iPhone 4 yesterday, don't see any differences in performance. My battery usage wasn't that bad to begin with.

Ditto +1

I've had battery issues, but this update hasn't helped yet. Apple will figure it out, hopefully sooner than later.

This update made my battery life even worse.

Apple, this is hopeless!!!

/

Made battery life on my 4 even worse. Before os5 my battery life was fine. Now I feel like I am using a droid again

I installed it on my phone but not my wife's and after half a day I was down to 90 and hers without the update was down to 80. So it worked for me.

When downloading the update I found that battery life did not change at all. But then I found out that you have to go to settings and reset all your settings. You dont have to delete any of your pic, movies etc. it has made a big difference to the life of the battery. So what you have to after you have downloaded the update, is go to settings, reset, reset all settings and follow.... That should help there battery problems.