What's new

Apple Releases iOS 6.1.2 to Correct Battery Life Bug

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
11337-ios-6-1-2.JPG

Apple has just released another little iOS update, iOS 6.1.2. According to CNET, this latest update is primarily designed to address the battery life bug, or, as Apple puts it, “an Exchange calendar bug that could result in increased network activity and reduced battery life.” As the update has only just gone live, it is early days to know whether or not it also affects any jailbroken iPhones that have been jailbroken using the new Evasi0n jailbreak. With that in mind, as ever, the advice to those of you with jailbroken iPhones and iPads is to wait before installing this update until you hear that it is okay to do so. Let’s hope that this fixes the battery life bug for everyone else. As iDownload Blog also notes, some users have been experiencing problems of some sort with Exchange since last October, so a fix is long overdue. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] iOS 6.1.2 fixes Exchange battery-drain bug | Apple - CNET News
Apple releases iOS 6.1.2 to address Exchange calendar bug

im iffy about updating this. currently on 6.1 jailbroken with my ip5. has anyone updated with thier ip5 and can report positive feedback from this?

Positive feedback as in better battery life, that's never 100% positive since some users get better battery and some don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I never had any battery issues on any of my iphones but I did have a problem updating to this firmware on my iphone.. I could not OTA or plug in and update via itunes either, I had to restore then restore to a backup.. maybe because I was jailbroken? on my ipad that was not jailbroken at the time had no problems OTA updating..

But it seems the same to me as previous firmwares.

using my ip5 of course.. I stopped bothering updating my iphone 4 or even using it.

I never had any battery issues on any of my iphones but I did have a problem updating to this firmware on my iphone.. I could not OTA or plug in and update via itunes either, I had to restore then restore to a backup.. maybe because I was jailbroken? on my ipad that was not jailbroken at the time had no problems OTA updating..

But it seems the same to me as previous firmwares.

using my ip5 of course.. I stopped bothering updating my iphone 4 or even using it.

so in the end were u able to get ur iphone 5 on 6.1.2? was the evasion jailbreak compatible afterwards?

I dont know as I never use a passcode but I read that apple has not fixed the bug in 6.1.2. Maybe some one on 6.1.2 who uses a passcode can confirm

i tried to update my phone with this software and it crashed, what can I do to fix this... help please :(

Just finished the update, now my App Store icon is missing.

Go to Settings>General>Restrictions and check to see if installing and deleting apps have been turned off.

$image-3092783143.jpgIf it looks like this, the AppStore icon will not show on the home screen. Move the switches back to on, and the AppStore icon will re-appear.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

I just updated a few hours ago.

Backed up to iTunes > Restore and update to iOS 6.1.2 > Restore from Backup > Re-jailbreak using evasi0n > Install Cydia tweaks and themes.

udpated yesterday. had to restore. so far, i actually noticed better battery life ( not by A LOT ) but its still an improvement.

@ 30%, 5 hours 54 minutes usage, 7 hours 43 minutes stand by.

this includes music, texting immessage, facebook, tapatalk, picture taking, and gaming all day.

If your jailbroken, an OTA update won't work. You'll have to restore through iTunes. If you attempt to OTA with a jailbreak, you'll more than likely have to do a DFU restore to update your iPhone.