What's new

Downgrading to 6.1.1 from 6.1.2 without shsh blobs

GazNicki

Reaction score
Just updated the wife's iPhone 4 to 6.1.2 yesterday and the battery drain is shocking.
I didn't jailbreak the phone as I was asked not to, so don't have the shsh blobs for 6.1.1 but can I still recover to 6.1.1 given the update is so new?

6.1.1 does not exist for the iPhone 4, only the iPhone 4S received the iOS 6.1.1 release. Your next viable option is iOS 6.1. And in general, you cannot downgrade without SHSH blobs with the exception of iOS 4.1 for the 3G and 3GS

Thanks. So guess I am stuck on 6.1.2 then until apple fix the battery issue then.

Check all the wifi and location settings to make sure the upgrade did not reset some of them. I have found that 6.1.2 is much better on the battery than any of the other 6.1.x

Battery capabilities differ from user to user. Some users see improved battery life, some see no difference, other see a decrease in battery life. All in the same iOS

To be fair both wifi and location services were on for 6.1 and we didn't suffer battery drain on the devices. Network settings were reset, so will have a good look at all the settings today. In general, we ding 6.1.2 to be an awful update - but looking at the apple forums we are not alone lol

Just to put the usage into context, the last post took 1% of my battery to post.

I'm seeing it all over the internet... iOS 6.1.2 is a battery nightmare for many users, not all though. Best advice we can give is conserve the best you can until Apple drops 6.1.3... which is already out to testers in beta 2.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't expecting a beta 2 of the next update, so glad it is there. Hopefully some of the issues will be ironed out. Cheers for that.