What's new

WINDOWS Jailbreak For iPhone 4S & iPad 2 RELEASED! Greenpois0n Absinthe 5.0 & 5.0.1

Just did it....just like a one-click root for Android!!! It was done in under 5 mins...and now I'm having fun changing up all kinds of things, hehe!

koni ? how did you make it to download apps ..?

tars_tarkus said:
Question. So I am getting an iphone 4s for ATT because I can get that free through a friend. But I have a sprint contract, with this jailbreak because the iphone 4s is a world phone I should be able to hook it up to my sprint service correct?

thank you for any information you can give me on this

No you actually cannot

how do i download ? every icon i press in cdyda it says cannot locate package
i have some sources installed but that aint helping. if i try to install other sources i get the same message . cannot locate package

Unfortunately I am having the same issue. I broke my phone via the CLI version I posted earlier in the thread but since the "One Click" windows method was out I decided to try it on my wife's phone.

It went through the process without error and installed Cydia, but every package I try to download says it cannot be located. For whatever reason, I notice the sources are a little different too. Not sure why that would be but she still has cydia, bigboss, modmy etc. Reboot doesn't help.

Any ideas before I go through restore and the CLI version? Searching for the error only brought up the above post.

Rik756 said:
Unfortunately I am having the same issue. I broke my phone via the CLI version I posted earlier in the thread but since the "One Click" windows method was out I decided to try it on my wife's phone.

It went through the process without error and installed Cydia, but every package I try to download says it cannot be located. For whatever reason, I notice the sources are a little different too. Not sure why that would be but she still has cydia, bigboss, modmy etc. Reboot doesn't help.

Any ideas before I go through restore and the CLI version? Searching for the error only brought up the above post.

So your iPhone is jail broken, but you aren't able to download any of the tweaks or cyndia apps? There are quite a few people having this problem, I think I better wait. I don't want to have to go through all that restoring non-sense, I don't have the time. Keep us updates, hope you get it fixed.

So your iPhone is jail broken, but you aren't able to download any of the tweaks or cyndia apps? There are quite a few people having this problem, I think I better wait. I don't want to have to go through all that restoring non-sense, I don't have the time. Keep us updates, hope you get it fixed.

I'm not in the mood to mess with it either and since there is no *easy* way I can find to remove cydia it's restoring now and I'll use the same command line version I posted. I'm not a big computer nerd and certainly not a programmer or hacker, but even I managed to complete the cmd version on my phone and it works perfectly. If you don't want to wait, it works just fine and I'm about to do it on her phone. The one-click method sounded better but apparently isn't fool-proof since I managed to hose it.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...mac-os-x-windows-31918/index7.html#post167290

After jailbreaking your iPhone, what are the top 10 must have tweaks, or apps?

After jailbreaking your iPhone, what are the top 10 must have tweaks, or apps?

There are several threads about that and cydia even has 10 listed in the featured section. It really depends on your use and what you're trying to change.

About to jb the other phone with the cmd method!

Edit Here:
I'm rather baffled... We bought our phones at the exact same time and have the same carrier. The only difference is that mine is black and hers is white, but the Absynth jb nor the CMD jb seem to want to work on her phone. After the failed Absyhth attempt I did a restore via iTunes and tried the cmd version. Still no luck-

More later. I need a break!!

Last edited:
Should I back up just in case, or there's no need to have to reset iPhone.?

tars_tarkus said:
Question. So I am getting an iphone 4s for ATT because I can get that free through a friend. But I have a sprint contract, with this jailbreak because the iphone 4s is a world phone I should be able to hook it up to my sprint service correct?

thank you for any information you can give me on this

Hi. If its locked to ATT then no you cant use it with sprint.

Only if its factory unlocked you can use it with any carrier. But ATT does not sell unlocked ones and there is no unlock method right now for the 4s.

Everything went through fine but now when I click the icon on my screen it just says its working please wait or something like that... It the icon that's suppose to get me cydia... Any ideas?

iMarilina said:
Has it rebooted?

It did the first reboot. But when I click the icon it put on my phone it just says absinthe is now setting things up, stand by... Then it never leaves after that screen

johnj1277 said:
It did the first reboot. But when I click the icon it put on my phone it just says absinthe is now setting things up, stand by... Then it never leaves after that screen

Its supposed to reboot after you click on Absimthe and when it turns on it will have cydia.....try a hard reset (turning off the phone by holding down power and home buttons and then turning on)