What's new

Who didn't update to iOS 5? Am I alone?

hi i'm on 4.3.3, baseband 05.16.02 model mc132b 3gs- is their a an untethered version out yet!!!

I put all the red snow files on a USB stick that's attached to my car keys so if I ever have to boot my iPhone I just stick the USB into a computer and boot iOS 5 theatered if it ever crashes or reboots on me. But to be honest it has only happened to me once and iv been iSight theaters jb since 4.3.5

4.2.8 and still enjoying my themes and bitesms too much. Also infolock gives me my weather and speed dials on the lock screen and home screen. Still thinking about doing the 5.0 update for the new message app and notifications. only thing holding me back are complaints about glitches and battery life. Thinking a untethered jailbreak is not too far off

I'm on 4.2.1. with greenp0is0n. 4.2.1. was on my phone when I bought it new but I didn't update to 4.3.3. because I thought it would be easier to jailbreak. By the time I looked into it and heard of JailbreakMe 3.0. it was too late apple stopped signing 4.3.3. I didn't want to bother with 4.3.4 or 4.3.5. Im gonna wait for untethered 5.0 as by then most cydia apps should have been ported too. To be honest there isn't much to temp me with 5.0 most of it you can do with a jailbroken phone anyway.

To be honest it's not so much the tethering that bothers me as I rarely need to reboot phone. Although some few cydia tweaks do require a reboot on install. Also my phone has occasionally randomly rebooted itself. I pick it up and the greenpoison skull is looking at me! So that would be annoying, but I guess that might not haoppen with a new jailbreak. I think I have too many tweaks running and there's a clash somewhere. I think I'm just gonna cautiously wait and see until there are more options available. As I say there isn't much that tempts me on ios5. I'm never gonna use Siri, and biteSMS is a great messaging app. Icloud doesn't appeal that much to me, and lockinfo gives me all the notifications I need. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it; I have only had a quick look at a workmates phone running ios5

I didn't update to iOS 5. My iPhone 4 is still on iOS 4.1 I couldnt update as I got too many apps to backup. So I guess I on 4.1
Only my iPad 2 is on 4.3.3

I used to want to update to ios5 when it came out but now I don't even think about it anymore. Esp when my iBlacklist, MiWi and pandora skip among other things are working so nicely!! And the battery life is spectacular!

I am sure many are still on 4.0 or older firmwares and do not have the need to upgrade regardless of whats new.. or some like you who look for reasons to upgrade.. nothing wrong with it ios 5 is good but its nothing amazing and slowly we are seeing a lot of good features being enabled, but apple still have a long way to go imo

Is there a change in the battery performance of Iphone 4 with IOS 5 compared to IP4 with IOS 4?

general said:
Is there a change in the battery performance of Iphone 4 with IOS 5 compared to IP4 with IOS 4?

Huge difference for some. Check the forums and you'll see for yourself.

im still running 4.2.1 on my 4. i really dont care about the tether or not because i dont let my phone die but then again you never know what can happen. but i will upgrade to ios5 on my 4 as soon as siri is fully working; which i think it is actually and now im just waiting for a full JB