What's new

Who didn't update to iOS 5? Am I alone?

speed4tu

Reaction score
I have been looking all over the forum for a thread for those that have not yet updated to iOS 5. I haven't yet because of a few jailbreak apps I use and don't wanna loose those. Have stopped by a store and played with a 4s and really didn't notice that big of a difference in 5.0 vs. 4.xxxx.

Ok good to know I'm not entirely alone. Haha. I never updated past 4.2.6 on Verizon. Can't beat the untethered jailbreak! Even if it's on an old os.

Ok good to know I'm not entirely alone. Haha. I never updated past 4.2.6 on Verizon. Can't beat the untethered jailbreak! Even if it's on an old os.

I hear ya. It's not so bad. I mean I'd like to upgrade, but I'm unwilling to
lose my untethered jailbreak! I really don't wanna go the tethered route either. So here I am! :)

I havent updated either. I'm still on 4.2.6 jailbroken. I don't want to give it up.

I jumped as the first second. When jb offered me the gm. Forget jailbreakin g

Tethered isn't as bad as most make it out to be. I've been using a tethered JB since GM and I've only had to reboot once.

Shikimah said:
Can you jb the GM?

Yeah just like the above posters stated my iPad is jailbroken tethered and my wife killed the battery but it's no big issue booting from redsnow.

I am on 4.2.1 (yes I know its old) and just like the rest of you I am waiting for ios5 untethered to come out which supports all the apps..

I'm currently running iOS 5 with the tethered jailbreak. My iPhone 4 seems to run so much smoother with the new iOS. Great job apple!

There's more out there who haven't updated than I thought. The only real difference is the android like notifications that stands out.