What's new

Should I o with the IOS 5 tethered?

I'm no expert by any means so I could be wrong. From what i've read on this forum the up coming untethered jailbreak is for 5.0 but that exploit has been patched in 5.0.1
Well now your statement is not the same anymore and i can let it go. You previously said and i quote: "The exploit that allowed a untethered jailbreak on 5.0 was patched in 5.0.1." making me think that there was once an untether jailbreak for iOS 5 and which you've come across and even try for yourself since you've added this to your statement "If you have more questions just let me know".
but now you've corrected it a bit to "From what i've read on this forum the up coming untethered jailbreak is for 5.0 but that exploit has been patched in 5.0.1" which sound a bit like what i know about untether jailbreak for iOS 5. I said that i sound a bit like what i know because there was never an untether jailbreak for iOS 5, iPhone 4 4S, not even one that the Dev-team refuse to release. If you ever heard that then it's people making it to keep people warm. Now you might be talking about the semi-tether or semi-untether which i'm was never interested on. Semi-untether is no where equal to untether jailbreak for iOS 5 incase that's what confusing you.

I really just wish I could have any version of 5.0 untethered now. And from what I've read in that forum link, theres suspicion that the Dev's won't make an untethered for 5.0 and 5.0.1 So what I'm now understanding is i'm being forced to tether into 5.0.1... Great.. I've read so many things about how it randomly reboots, certain apps cause crashes, and the battery is horrible/not horrible for some people. Just great...

I personally haven't had many problems at all. I think its more to do with tweaks and apps not being ios 5 compatible yet and people not really knowing what they're doing. There will be a untethered jailbreak for 5.0 but not for 5.0.1 as of right now.

Yeah this is what I'm fearing, which ultimately sucks for me. I wish I would have known to update a while ago when apple was signing 5.0, but now I'm stuck. I'll go ahead and research some stuff for it then. I'm gonna have to update my iPhone to 5.0 which is gonna force the jailbreak to disappear right?

Well now your statement is not the same anymore and i can let it go. You previously said and i quote: "The exploit that allowed a untethered jailbreak on 5.0 was patched in 5.0.1." making me think that there was once an untether jailbreak for iOS 5 and which you've come across and even try for yourself since you've added this to your statement "If you have more questions just let me know".
but now you've corrected it a bit to "From what i've read on this forum the up coming untethered jailbreak is for 5.0 but that exploit has been patched in 5.0.1" which sound a bit like what i know about untether jailbreak for iOS 5. I said that i sound a bit like what i know because there was never an untether jailbreak for iOS 5, iPhone 4 4S, not even one that the Dev-team refuse to release. If you ever heard that then it's people making it to keep people warm. Now you might be talking about the semi-tether or semi-untether which i'm was never interested on. Semi-untether is no where equal to untether jailbreak for iOS 5 incase that's what confusing you.

There is nothing wrong with the statements that have been made, just the interpretation of them. An exploit that would have made the untether of IOS5 easier WAS patched in 5.0.1 and this was WIDELY REPORTED HERE.

See this thread - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/ios5-jailbreak-strategy-guide-26252/

It does not mean that an untethered jailbreak was released. It was not. But an untethered jailbreak of 5.0 HAS been demonstrated. It is not that they refuse to release it, just that it is not ready for public consumption yet. pod2g has discussed it on twitter, and it was also covered by our other jailbreaking expert on this site, jmills87 here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...1-available-publicly-now-do-not-update-26325/

Hope that clarifies.

Yeah it's always better to have untethered but tethered is really not that bad just be aware of what your downloading while not near a computer. I've downloaded maybe 4 things from cydia that required a reboot.

Hi I have jailbroken iPhone 3GS 4.1 at the end of jailbreak it says complete but there is no limerain icon anywhere on the iPhone way do I do

IOS 5 is irritating me! Everything is jailbroken correctly, but whenever I download a new app from Cydia it shows up white. That's so annoying! The app still works, it's just a white icon! AND I want the Equix theme which has already been updated for IOS 5 and my stupid phone keeps telling me Cydia Hash mismatch or some BS like that. Why..!! Is it doing this?!

There's seriously no way I can get my iPhone on 5.0?! Like at all?!

No, there is no way to restore 5.0, the icons will reappear when you respring and you can try downloading your theme on your computer and SSHing it to your phone instead of downloading through Cydia.

Not to take a shot at you but most of the time something goes wrong its user error. I've had to restore and rejailbreak 3 times because of something I did wrong.

Alright, well how would I go about downloading a theme to my Mac? I've been looking around and it seems there isn't a download around at all. The only thing Cydia doesn't download is themes. It takes a long time for it to move then it'll get about half way there, then stop. Also respringing my device doesn't seem to change the icons back. Me downloading some random app I don't need is what causes it.