What's new

Ios 5 Jailbreak ? NO service, "semi-solved"

jonasty

Reaction score
Hi, I was runnning firmware 4.3.3 and tried to upgrade to Ios 5 and jailbreak it.
I used this link :

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

But it got me into big trouble !!!

I managed to upgrade to 5.0, do the jailbreak but after that I wasn't able to call because it said No Service.
The problem seemed to be that the baseband was also updated to 04.11.08.
I tried do downgrade to 4.3.3 with the SHSH files but that didnt work really good. Then I did an official itunes ios5 upgrade and still the same problem,
after that i got back to 4.3.3, than back to official 5.0 and then i still had baseband 04.11.08, it seems you can't downgrade that !

So once i was in 5.0 for the last time i just tried to call 7800 , hung up and after a minute or something i received my operator TELENET !!!!
I just chose a random number, don't know if an other number would do the same.
so i'm back able to call and receive calls but on baseband 04.11.08 :D no idea how i did it exactly but I don't know if i'm going to try to jailbreak again, if i'm getting the same problem.....
Someone had the same problem and knows how to jailbreak it good ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's because you used that link to upgrade to ios5. Do it threw iTunes. Then run redsn0w to jailbreak.

Hi, i did the semi tethered jailbreak yesterday and now everything works fine!!!
I am on baseband 4.11.08, i have no idea how i unlocked it.
Try calling a number and turn On airplane mode then, and back of, maybe that helps.
Greetz!