What's new

upgrade to ios 5 for iphone 3gs baseband 5.16.02

limd2

Reaction score
My iphone 3gs is currently on 4.3.3, baseband 5.16.02, bought in Singapore and using SingTel network.
I try to upgrade to ios 5.0 by using Sn0wbreeze 2.8b11, selecting "preserve baseband" to build custom ispw. When i try to ugrade using this custom ispw under itunes (selecting shift+restore), i got error 3194 during verify with Apple. i try checking if hosts file contains "gs.apple.com", obviously not. Am i doing it right or has Apple stop signing off 5.0?
Help needed on the correct method to upgrade.

My iphone 3gs is currently on 4.3.3, baseband 5.16.02, bought in Singapore and using SingTel network.
I try to upgrade to ios 5.0 by using Sn0wbreeze 2.8b11, selecting "preserve baseband" to build custom ispw. When i try to ugrade using this custom ispw under itunes (selecting shift+restore), i got error 3194 during verify with Apple. i try checking if hosts file contains "gs.apple.com", obviously not. Am i doing it right or has Apple stop signing off 5.0?
Help needed on the correct method to upgrade.

Apple is no longer signing 5.0 so you cant restore it. You will need to update to 5.0.1 or stay on 4.3.3

if i upgrade to 5.0.1, should i use sn0wbreeze preserve baseband to build custom ispw and then using itunes shift+restore pointing to the custom ispw? Or should i upgrade using stock ispw, but it might change my baseband?