What's new

Trying to downgrade from ios 5.0 to 4.2.1 on iphone 3gs :S

harviepalmer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Basically im writing to ask for help as im at a complete loss.
My friend has asked me to unlock his iphone 3gs for him, as i successfully done mine a few months back, but its turned out to be a complete nightmare. I updated it to ios 5.0 and from there it hasnt let me downgrade to any other software apart from 4.1, and that didnt go well either. Ive tried using custom firmwares and editing the hosts file, but every time without fail, i get to the verifying the software update with apple screen and it comes up with error 3194. The most recent one ive tried to do is I have used sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 to create a custom 4.2.1 ios firmware, and im still getting the same error message :(

any help would be much appriciated
many thank

Oh and sorry i forgot to add more details :S
The baseband is 06.15.00 and i tethered jailbroke it on ios 5, and it wouldnt unlock with ultrasn0w either :S

Do you have your SHSH files (A.K.A: SHSH Blobs) saved in Cydia? If not, it is not possible to downgrade. But it does not matter since downgrades are not possible on iOS 5. Sorry, you out of luck:/

Last edited:
Oh no I don;t have them :( Does anyone know why the unlock on ios 5 isn't working via ultrasn0w? its strange because it comes up with o2 uk and no signal bars, and i cant make calls or text or recieve calls or texts, but i can go on the internet via my internet allowance on o2? its very confusing :(

but thanks none the less for the other info guys, much appriciated

ultrasn0w works on iOS5 as long as you have an unlockable baseband. If you updated to a stock iOS5 firmware you updated the baseband as well to 04.11.08 which is not unlockable.

Hi Guys,
I somehow managed to downgrade the software to Ios 4.1 :S Its now jailbroken on ios 4.1 on baseband 06.15.00, and I have installed ultrasn0w, but im still just getting the o2-uk sign with no signal bars, and either an E, G, or 3G sign. I can use the internet on my o2 sim card, but I cant make/recieve calls or texts...Bit odd :S