What's new

I cant get my iphone to restore! I am stuck ! Help quickly please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xesvuli420

Reaction score
Tried to do a restore, error'd in the middle, now phone is stuck in recovery!

Most of the time, it errors before it does anything, sometimes the logo will come up, and it will say writing software or whatever, followed by writing firmware, and then 3/4's through, it errors again

Ive tried using official, Ive tried using custom, ive tried adding to my host file, Ive tried everything I can find

Ive seen these errors 1600, 3194, and others I can't remember.

Please help me get this fixed

Please try to disable your antivirus and firewall (if any), I had a similar issue before and it was my antivirus.

that didn't help. I can get it to get 3/4's done, and then it errors everytime. I just tried a different maching with a fresh itunes, fresh 4.2.8, and still ERROR. I am stuck without a phone!!! anything else?

Are you trying to downgrade from 4.2.10 on a CDMA iPhone 4?

no, ive been on 4.2.8 the whole time. I was just trying to go back to official 4.2.8, from snowbreeze 4.2.8.

Its giving me 1013 now, 3/4's thru the install.

~~~NOW the phone wont even turn on, or it is stuck in DFU mode one. Ive tried hoilding down the power button for like 30 seconds as well as both buttons for like 30 seconds.... NOTHING!

ok it is "on" but its stuck in DFU mode. no logos, no connect to itunes, just black no matter how you hold down whatever buttons.

If I couldn't get this one to restore that means I can't jailbreak the replacement then huh?

Well yes ive tried that

I just don't get it, I jailbroke my device, and my girlfriends no problem on this computer, and now I can't do anything. Can't put official or custom software on it.
I've never had to use anything but snowbreeze and a copy of official, and itunes, and never had a problem... Now I'm using tinyumbrella, some ih8snow program, and still can't get past these f'ing errors!

Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong, why is it getting all the way to writing firmware, then crashing with 1013, with 2 different computers

Someone please help me

I kinda have the same issue, everytime i try and restore i get a 1013 error :S

error 1013 while restoring/upgrading iOS via itune fix
1. Go to C drive and look for Windows folder, then System32 followed by drivers and then finally etc folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers \etc

2. In the etc folder you can see hosts file.

3. Open the hosts file using notepad and remove the following lines that says Ags.apple.com

Reboot your computer and try restore/upgrade again.

Try this. Info from bab2010

i attached a pic of the error, and my host file.

I don't understand that if 1013 is a validation error why it does it at the near end of the restore. I get thru Restoring iPhone Software, Verifying iPhone Software, Verifying iPhone Restore, Restoring iPhone Firmware, then it pauses there, my phone goes blank, and it errors the 1013.

Help Please!!!

Attachments

• $error.jpg
    $error.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 453
  • $host.jpg
    $host.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 484
damn... where is everyone?

Ok so ive been reading a little, and im confused...

If I don't have anything in my host file, it errors at the begining with 3194.

Googling that tells me I need to add Cydia to my host file.

If I do that, it errors at the end with 1013.

Googling that tells me to take cydia out of my host file...

WTF?!? Error if I do, Error if i don't.

Someone help please, i'm loosing my mind!

Thanks

ok please someone help!!! I just got my replacement, and its on 4.2.10!! I can't do an untethered jailbreak on that, and its new so I don't have the SHSH or whatever. I have like 5 days before I have to send the old one in... PLEASE someone help me out!!!

Thanks

xesvuli420 said:
ok please someone help!!! I just got my replacement, and its on 4.2.10!! I can't do an untethered jailbreak on that, and its new so I don't have the SHSH or whatever. I have like 5 days before I have to send the old one in... PLEASE someone help me out!!!

Thanks

You need the latest version of redsnow and the 4.2.10 ispw. For a tethered jb.

Status
Not open for further replies.