What's new

How to downgrade from 4.2.10 verizon to 4.2.8without shsh

pandahou

Reaction score
Ok well when u first for my iPhone from Verizon the first thing I did was run and update it to 4.2.10 not thinking there would be anything wrong. Well now that I want to get iOS 5 beta 7 from sn0wbreeze it give me error 3194. I googles it and I need shsh. But guess what tinyubrella no work with my firmware. So I have to down grade and I never saved my shsh to downgrade it. So the big question is how can I downgrade it without using shsh or is there another way that I can get the beta 7 iOS 5 avoiding the 3194 error

I came across this link a couple of minutes ago, I have not tried but if you look at the comments people have posted it actually looks somewhat promising. But if for any reason this does not work for you then you have absolutely no choice but to stick with 4.2.10, upgrade to ios 5, or wait, (I always wait after an update comes out as long as I can take it.lol The longer you wait, the more stable the jailbreak). Just remember that it is always a fantastic idea to save your SHSH Blobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL. Please do this for every iOS with Tiny Umbrella or iFaith if it ever gets updated.lol

Here Is The Link. Good luck and please post back if you try it. I am also on 4.2.10 so I am thinking about it. I just need to do more research on this technique.lol

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen, I don't care which blog or forum you heard it on, Apple's SHSH signature system cannot be bypassed as things stand today. Read our rules. You don't get to promote other blogs in your posts. The clue was in the post where they clearly said they had not tried it and did not know if it worked! I'll tell you now. It does not!

There are several things you can do to make you think you have got round the system and installed a version of IOS for which you don't have blobs, but in the end the IOS install always ends up corrupted and the device cannot be used.