What's new

Trouble Jailbreaking!!

P0iZ0N

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm hoping someone here can help me jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.8. I have saved my SHSH blobs through iFaith, which preserved 4.2.8 firmware. I do have Tinyumbrella as well, but the only blobs it has saved is 4.2.10, 5.0a, b and c. So, I tried jailbreaking using Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 and once I try to Shift-restore to the custom firmware made by Sn0wbreeze I get the 3194 error. What do I need to do to jailbreak this!?!?

if you're already running 4.2.8 why not just go to jailbreakme.com on your phone.

if you're already running 4.2.8 why not just go to jailbreakme.com on your phone.

I heard someone else mention that too. Only one person though. I guess I'm just a little skeptical of jailbreakme.com. I just kinda wanted to get sn0wbreeze working, and I'm not exactly sure why it isn't working.

I heard someone else mention that too. Only one person though. I guess I'm just a little skeptical of jailbreakme.com. I just kinda wanted to get sn0wbreeze working, and I'm not exactly sure why it isn't working.

well it's up to you. its your device, jailbreakme is safe. anyone who tells you different is misinformed. listen to jmills87 if you don't want to believe me. he's a jailbreak expert and he's telling you what i'm telling you.

iCrank said:
well it's up to you. its your device, jailbreakme is safe. anyone who tells you different is misinformed. listen to jmills87 if you don't want to believe me. he's a jailbreak expert and he's telling you what i'm telling you.

+1, my iPhone 4 has been jailbroken with jailbreakme 3.0 for a month or two now and i never have any problems.

Ok, well I had to restore back to 4.2.8 using iFaith because I accidentally upgraded to 4.2.10. Am I still able to use jailbreakme.com under these circumstances?

but does anyone know why I am getting the 3194 error through sn0wbreeze? I've never had this much trouble jailbreaking through an app.

You're getting 3194 because 4.2.8 is no longer being signed. You can only use sn0wbreeze if you have your 4.2.8 SHSHs backed up. Again, just use JailbreakMe. Much easier and faster.

You're getting 3194 because 4.2.8 is no longer being signed. You can only use sn0wbreeze if you have your 4.2.8 SHSHs backed up. Again, just use JailbreakMe. Much easier and faster.

They are backed up, but through iFaith only. Does that make a difference at all?

Should I do a clean restore is that necessary?

Should I do a clean restore is that necessary?

A clean restore will upgrade you to the most recent iOS available. You will no longer be able to untether jailbreak your iPhone. So don't try that clean restore you are thinking about.

I didnt do a clean restore. I just did the jailbreak. Now I have no idea what to install :-/