What's new

Need help with iphone 3gs bricked

ttothej10

Reaction score
Okay so basically my brother updated to 5.0.1 and when he did he used redsn0w to jailbreak it but he wanted to unlock it so he updated the baseband to the ipad base band 6.15.00 heres the thing he has a new bootrom and and it wasnt compatible with the ipad baseband idk why he even tried it, I never stored his Shsh blobs either, so basically now i cant restore it ive tried using ireb and preserving his baseband and everything, i have sn0wbreeze and tried making custom firmware, and keep getting errors 3194 so i used TU and now i get error 2005 any ideas? Ive tried clean restore in dfu mode, and in pwned dfu

Last edited:
Jmills87 said:
Pretty sure you're out of luck. Installing the iPad baseband on a device which it is not supported breaks the radio.

+1. :)

Well ur probably outta luck. Tell your brother to seach before he does anything next time.

Alright im pretty sure theres some way but probably complicated af

The only way I could think of fixing it now, is if Apple upgrades the iPhone baseband to 06.16 at some point(that way the phone will update to the newer baseband) but I doubt that will be any time soon, if ever.

The only way I could think of fixing it now, is if Apple upgrades the iPhone baseband to 06.16 at some point(that way the phone will update to the newer baseband) but I doubt that will be any time soon, if ever.

Yeah the only thing i can think of is wiping it then doing a clean restore but i doubt it