What's new

What is going on here?

n0m0n

Reaction score
OK Can someone please explain to me why I cant get my iPh4 CDMA device to shift restore back to a clean 4.2.8?

I have been trying to restore to the official 4.2.8 for days and finally updated to 4.2.10.
What was happening is I get trapped after all is done at the recovery mode screen.

I have read so so many threads on downgrading and have tried the following:
TinyUmbrella for the SHSH that are saved to run the TSS server.
redsn0w to get me into DFU mode which it is.
iREB-r4, as well as fixrecovery-win, to get out of the recovery mode (didn't working).

I missed having a jailbroken phone after updating to 4.2.10, so I tried to generate and install sn0wbreeze 4.2.8 which WORKED (used it in the past).
The problem is that I wanted to restore and use jailbreakme3.com
It seemed less problematic for me at least.

Am I missing something????
Can we no longer restore to the official 4.2.8, or for that matter I also tried 4.2.7?

Can anyone help me to understand what I need to do so are you thinking I should just stay with the sn0wbreeze restore file even though I seem to get a lot of resprings when I sue it?

Thanks

If you have your 4.2.8 SHSH all you need to do is create a custom 4.2.8 firmware with sn0wbreeze, run Tiny TSS server and then shift+restore the custom 4.2.8 firmware in Pwned-DFU mode.

If you have your 4.2.8 SHSH all you need to do is create a custom 4.2.8 firmware with sn0wbreeze, run Tiny TSS server and then shift+restore the custom 4.2.8 firmware in Pwned-DFU mode.

Right which is what I did, but...

Can anyone help me to understand what I need to do, and why doesnt it work with the official 4.2.8?
Should I just stay with the sn0wbreeze restore file even though I seem to get a lot of resprings when I use it?
Or do I have a choice?

I rather restore official 4.2.8 and use jailbreakme.

Thanks

It just doesn't. If you want to downgrade you need to do it with a custom firmware, some people can restore to factory firmware but it's much easier to just downgrade with a custom firmware. JailbreakMe does the exact same thing as Sn0wbreeze anyway, just in a different way.