What's new

Doesn't work like it once did

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a iPh4 on 4.2.8 and jailbroken via sn0wbreeze (win)
Ive been using it for about 2 months with out issue.
Until now, my device has become very flaky, freezing, lockingup, respinging itself at will.
I am sure its something that I installed and or either its a tweak or 2 apps arent playing nice together.

I tried to restore (shift, restore) via iTunes and use the snowbreeze file that it created but I keep getting a 3194 error.
I thought that maybe it was that I was not getting into the DFU mode correctly so I used iREB to get into the mode.
I still get the 3194 error.
Ive rebooted my computer but no change.

Well Ive been reading up on Tiny Umbrella and now find my device is stuck at the apple screen, meaning its not booting up.
So I decided to plug it in and start Tiny Umbrella.

I used iREB-r4 and got my device to reboot.
Tiny Umbrella it shows 3 SHSs as saved (5 3 of them say 5.1-3, not sure why I didn't update to 5).
So I chose the 4.2.8 SHSH, then turned on TSS Server plugged into iTunes and shift restore and chose the Sn0wbreeze 4.2.8 (which is the version I have on my device at this time.
iTunes returned me a error message 21 and said it could not restore my device.

Now what needs to be done am I missing something?

Maybe I should just update to 4.2.10 and be done with it, but I would like to have my device jailbroken.

Thanks

3194 means that you arent using Tiny TSS server. Run Tiny TSS server, put your device into Pwned-DFU mode with iReb and then shift+restore the custom 4.2.8 firmware file.

The reason you have your iOS5 SHSHs saved is because TinyUmbrella automatically saves all currently signed firmware when you click "Save SHSH" you don't need to be on the firmware to save the SHSH for it.

3194 means that you arent using Tiny TSS server. Run Tiny TSS server, put your device into Pwned-DFU mode with iReb and then shift+restore the custom 4.2.8 firmware file.

The reason you have your iOS5 SHSHs saved is because TinyUmbrella automatically saves all currently signed firmware when you click "Save SHSH" you don't need to be on the firmware to save the SHSH for it.

I have been trying to update with Tiny Umbrella, iREB and shift restore.

It runs for a bit and then error 21.

Haven't gotten past this

It was advised that I restore to the official 4.2.8 ispw, and use Jailbreakme.
I really don't know much about that method

Last edited:
I would also advise you to restore to the official 4.2.8 and use jailbreakme. It's incredibly simple...

Well I did a restore to the stock 4.2.8 ispw, it BUT I am stuck at: 1013 error.
I run TU's exit recovery, a few times as well as iREB's , Set Auto Boot True.
I keep ending up at the iTunes and USB cable screen.

Thought this was going well...

OK so I tried this again and now got a message that the iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occured 3004.

Now I don't have a working device.
Any direction?

Last edited: