What's new

Baseband Downgrade problem (5.1.1 to 4.3.3)

dweller

Reaction score
Hello there guys,

I was using 4.3.3 before I decided to upgrade to 5.1.1. I was planning to use SAM unlock but unfortunately, I noticed that I had to backup "cookies" (or whatever it is) to use it on 5.1.1 after I upgraded :/. Since I don't have any backups for that, I decided to go back 4.3.3 (I couldn't upgrade to 5.0.1 because iTunes always giving an error and of course I don't have shsh for 5.0.1). I turned back to 4.3.3 but I noticed that my baseband is still 04.12.01. Isn't it supposed to downgrade to original 4.3.3 baseband, which is 4.10.01 ? I even tried to make a cfw with sn0wbreeze but its still has the same baseband (i might not using sn0wbreeze as it supposed to be, so I'm open for enlightments).

Because of this, I can't use my Gevey solution. I have all iOS 4.x shsh's but none 5.x except 5.1.1 :/

Foot note: I saw that AT&T started to unlock off-contract iPhone's and mine is too. I tried to contact with AT&T through their sites but they require you to create an account and link it to your service which I don't have any document or information about my AT&T credentials. Is there any way to pass through that authentication and ask for them to unlock my phone ?

Thanks for your time&help :)

if you upgraded the ios without preserving the 4.10.01 bb. you cannot downgade the baseband. regardless of shsh blobs. sorry. you are out of luck my friend

So long for my phone :(

There is no current solution for 4.12.01 right ? I think there is only one way for me which is talking with AT&T to unlock my phone legally. But their system is so stupid ! I just can't send an email to even start talking !

Is there anyway to get connected with them ? Anyone ?

Correct... no Unlock available for the 4.12.01 BB. Not sure about contacting AT&T though... can't you just call their 1800 #?

Correct... no Unlock available for the 4.12.01 BB. Not sure about contacting AT&T though... can't you just call their 1800 #?

The problem is, I'm from Turkey and me calling AT&T from here needs another iPhone 4 budget -_-. International fees are so expensive in Turkey and I'm not sure that I can explain my problem on the phone. All I need is an email from AT&T that can give me the support that I need. :/

The problem is, I'm from Turkey and me calling AT&T from here needs another iPhone 4 budget -_-. International fees are so expensive in Turkey and I'm not sure that I can explain my problem on the phone. All I need is an email from AT&T that can give me the support that I need. :/

AT&T uses a toll free number, you can also do a live chat with a support person on their website.

AT&T uses a toll free number, you can also do a live chat with a support person on their website.

Their number is free inside the USA as far as I know. And you should complete the register procedure that i wrote before to do live chat. They just suck at it...

Hello,

I unlocked my i4 without any ATT account info. Just call as many time as possibe in USA day time until some customer care representative accept your request and create a case to unlock your i4 and Convey them that at this you are not using ATT and lost the documents and tell him/her with confidence that your phone is not in contract and no pending dues.

How to call US free.
1. Go to this URL :safari: (replace x with t) hxxp://hidemyass.c o m/proxy-list/
2. Select Unites states --> update results
3. Note down the IP / port
4. Open your IE and click Tools > internet options > connections > LAN setting >
5. Configure IP / port and OK every where...
6. Go to this URL :safari: hxxp://whatismyipaddress.com and ensure you have some US Location and IP address.
7. Open Gtalk and dial :phone: US toll free number
8. Talk to ATT and unlock i4.

Hope it helps...
-Mugunth

Hello,

I unlocked my i4 without any ATT account info. Just call as many time as possibe in USA day time until some customer care representative accept your request and create a case to unlock your i4 and Convey them that at this you are not using ATT and lost the documents and tell him/her with confidence that your phone is not in contract and no pending dues.

How to call US free.
1. Go to this URL :safari: (replace x with t) hxxp://hidemyass.c o m/proxy-list/
2. Select Unites states --> update results
3. Note down the IP / port
4. Open your IE and click Tools > internet options > connections > LAN setting >
5. Configure IP / port and OK every where...
6. Go to this URL :safari: hxxp://whatismyipaddress.com and ensure you have some US Location and IP address.
7. Open Gtalk and dial :phone: US toll free number
8. Talk to ATT and unlock i4.

Hope it helps...
-Mugunth

Wow... Thanks mate. :)

This is some promising advice. I will try to do what you said. Hopefully I can manage to make them understand my situation. :)

And another thanks for creating your account just to tell me this way. :gratz: