What's new

4.3.3 - 5.1.1

Hello Willerz2 in tinyumbrella the set host to cydia is untick. Where can i find my host file?

Open up TinyUmbrella and unstick "Set Host To Cydia" if it's ticked. Then go into your Host file and delete any lines that has to do with Apple. That should fix the 3194 error

Unchecking "set host to Cydia" automatically fixes the host file in iTunes. That's what its for.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using Tapatalk

After i done all the above mention iTunes extract the custom built 5.0.1 IPSW and while restoring, my ipad2 is prompt a error message could not restore. An error occur (1604). How could i solve this problem. Please help!!!

Mate i ended up going ios6 I know its not much help but if its last chance then at least you can do that , it alao tookme numerous attempts to do this, there is no jb untethered for is6 yet

jockmcd said:
Mate i ended up going ios6 I know its not much help but if its last chance then at least you can do that , it alao tookme numerous attempts to do this, there is no jb untethered for is6 yet

No untethered jailbreak yet, but the jailbreak community is taking large strides and hopefully one will be released soon!

No untethered jailbreak yet, but the jailbreak community is taking large strides and hopefully one will be released soon!

Crossing our fingers on failbreak being foolproof.

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hello! thanks for the help here i have the same problem SO i follow your instructions! BUT : $Screen shot 2012-11-29 at 7.46.09 μ.μ..jpg$Screen shot 2012-11-29 at 7.51.16 μ.μ..jpg what is wrong ?

Make sure iTunes is up to date and that you're using the correct IPSW for your type of iPhone. If you would like, remove any and all gs.apple lines in your host files and delete the host.umbrella file

Hi all , as you know i did not manage to go from a jailbroken 4.3.3 to 5.1.1 and so eventually and somehow managed to get to ios6 through many different ways i have no idea how i actually got there i thought my phone was a brick a few times im now o. 6.01 how can i be sure my iphone is totally free from previous jailbreak and i will not brick on my next jb for ios6/6.01 when it arrives, is there something i can do to check it is completely gone or is there something i can do to make sure it is wiped all clear redy for next jb , cheers ;-)

If you upgraded an entire iOS, you're clean. Unlike formatting a single partition on a computer to upgrade your Windows OS, you have absolutely NO residual files from the older OS on iDevices. It's a 100% purge of your device and cleans out everything, including any jailbreak data, tweaks, apps, etc.

I thought you meant when you posted this

You can. But I only recommend DFU mode because from my experience, iPhones can get bricked during the upgrading process.

That if you did not use dfu mode when upgrading your phone then it might not get rid of all jb previously on it and like i said i have no idea how i actually got my phone to work again , after so many attempts eventually just updated to ios6 so you reckon my phone must be totally clean from previous jb then ?

After a single full restore, your iPhone is clean. You're completely purging your iPhone when restoring.