Post Your Favourite Youtube Videos Here.

Since the year 2000, personal use of fireworks has become increasingly restrictive in Hawaii. Firecrackers and not much else are allowed with a permit. Aerials are prohibited.

Last year, an accident involving illegally stored fireworks resulted in six fatalities, resulting in stiffer fines and penalties and a promise of stronger enforcement.

I wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year! This video is from 2024 …

 

“Stars and Stripes Forever!” became a standard for aspiring ukulele players in the 30s. A prominent ukulele player of the 50s and 60s, Nelson Waikiki, played it at a cousin’s wedding reception.

I don’t think it’s on today’s ukulele players’ playlist, but this video took me back a few years and made me smile! …
 
Last edited:
“Stars and Stripes Forever!” became a standard for aspiring ukulele players in the 30s. A prominent ukulele player of the 50s and 60s, Nelson Waikiki, played it at a cousin’s wedding reception.

I don’t think it’s on today’s ukulele players’ playlist, but this video took me back a few years and made me smile! …
Just had a look on my only ukulele album. The track doesn't appear.

71nGiHoTbbL._SL1500_.webp
 
Just had a look on my only ukulele album. The track doesn't appear.

View attachment 122049
Searched for a YouTube video of Nelson Waikiki playing “Stars and Stripes Forever” on the ukulele, but no luck. Here’s a version by Poncie Ponce, who played a taxi driver on “Hawaiian Eye,” an ABC detective series, 1959-1963. It’s similar to the way Nelson Waikiki played it.

I’m including a video of Jake Shimabukuro, Hawaii’s best-known contemporary ukulele player. He’ll be 50 this year. He arranged “Stars and Stripes” when he was in high school. And I thought Nelson Waikiki’s style of playing was “Fireworks!”
 
On Monday after playing “Young Americans,” the DJ of the Classic Rock station I was listening to mentioned that it’s been 10 years since the passing of David Bowie.

I looked up the lyrics and looked further into their meaning (because I didn’t quite get it). It seems we (America) have not changed much in 50 years, or we’ve come full circle.

In tribute …

 

Latest posts

Back
Top