What's new

Buying an iphone 4(locked with 1.0.13 baseband)

malhotraxtreme

Reaction score
hello , this is my first post on iPhone forums and i'll be getting my first iphone in a week or so, i wanted to know that should i buy an iphone 4-AT&T locked with baseband 1.0.13 - which i suppose is not unlock able using gevey..i am in india and no AT&T works here...model no. is MD237X

can i downgrade baseband by using the 4.3.3 FW given in a thread here in some forums and then use gevey to unlock ?
also, if i buy 4.3.3 SW iphone, will gevey unlock it pemanently or i willl have to keep gevey chip in sim tray ?

thanks in advance for answering..^_^..

Hi.

You CANNOT downgrade baseband with ANYTHING (any tool, NOTHING).

Once baseband is upgraded in iphone 4 it is not changeable.

If you buy a 4.3.3 iOS iphone, there is no guarantee that it will unlock, it depends on the baseband.

If for instance whoever had it performed an update and took it to ios 5/5.0.1 and then downgraded the iOS (which can be done if there are saved SHSH), the baseband still remains new.

So whatever you do, you need to know what baseband there is.

If the baseband is 4.11.08, or 1.0.13/14 (which that is 4S baseband as far as I know so can't be on iphone 4), then you can't unlock it (yet anyways).

My advice: stay away from locked phones, especially on American carriers.

See if you could get maybe a Vodafone UK phone (or a carrier that is willing to unlock it or it is possible to do a factory unlock).

Other than that, opt for a factory unlocked phone, because even if you do buy one that you use Gevey sim tray on, there will always be the hassle of being careful when you update, when you restore and so on, and you will have a permanent headache and it is really not worth it.

hello , this is my first post on iPhone forums and i'll be getting my first iphone in a week or so, i wanted to know that should i buy an iphone 4-AT&T locked with baseband 1.0.13 - which i suppose is not unlock able using gevey..i am in india and no AT&T works here...model no. is MD237X

1.0.13 is an iPhone4S baseband. Currently there is no way to jailbreak or unlock a 4S. Also, there is no way to downgrade baseband.