What's new

baseband downgrading ? which solution?

Henrique Santos

Reaction score
Hey folks!
Firstly I'd like to great all users of this forum, this is my first post here and I intend to keep here since now, sharing news with you all.

I've bought an iPhone 4 last year in US, from AT&T, and It was with 4.3.5 FW version, and it was sold for me with a freedom: the Gevey Ultra to work that baseband...
Once I came back to Brazil, I accidentally upgraded my device to 5.0.1 version, and got toughly stuck on that 04.11.08 baseband...

Well... after several months, I could get it unlocked by SAM method. I can't remind exactly the procedure, because I tried it many times, restoring firmwares, uninstalling SAM, and in one time, suddenly, clicking on "attempt activation" it started appearing the signal bars... Nevertheless, I don't even know which method I used on SAM(if it was by carrer, bundle, manual or autodetect), because I had already tried before, a lot of times and was almost giving up of that, by the way, I tried a lot of procedures...

So... I'd like to give this iPhone for my mama, and get my daddy's 4S iPhone for me, but I tried so much unlocking her simcard with SAM and I couldn't get it... Tried restoring for 5.0.1 aswell, after all, it was early unlocked on that, but no lucky... I have my tickets saved here, by redsnow with a .ZIP format...
I have SHSH saved Blobs aswell... Would I be able to downgrade to 4.3.5 for using Gevey again? Or it would be impossible to downgrade the baseband together my firmware? or apple is gonna downgrade the firmware?

Might I unlock using SAM again? could that Lockdown ticket help me to do with her SIMcard?

cheer mates
Henrique

Last edited:
You cannot downgrade Baseband.

Impossible. It cannot happen period. I would give up looking for how to do that before you find a tutorial that really messes up your device.

The SAM unlock does not work anymore. Apple has patched it.

If you unlocked via SAM when it was working...and you "backed up your lockdown folder where the activation ticket is" then you can restore that activation ticket and retain the unlock...whether your basband is updates or not.

Since you have your activation tickets saved....just update to 5.1.1 and jailbreak with redsn0w from here :http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

DO NOT restore from any type of backup.

There Re videos all over YouTube on how to use the latest redsn0w to jailbreak 5.1.1 and restore the activation ticket.

Last edited:
Hey...
I am resurrecting this thread again because I've heard about some situation that could allow unlocking another SIMcard once you have one SAM saved ticket with any SIM.
Might I be able to unlock for my mother's SIM using a ticket that was occasionaly unlocked with my SIM? (It's the same career)

Thanks all

No, for the SAM method you had to create an unlock ticket for each individual SIM you wanted to unlock for. You cannot use the unlock ticket from one SIM to unlock another SIM.

thanks.
as I was looking for around on the internet, it seems that those kinds of SIM unlockers(like rebels, gevey, TP) are fake unlocks, and there is no way to unlock this so far...
is that right?

I appreciate your help

Henrique

No, they are not fake(unless you buy a knockoff) they are hardware unlocks but they are not compatible with your baseband. There is currently no way to unlock that baseband with hardware or software.