What's new

Save your BBTicket for baseband downgrade

Zubair

Reaction score
For all those iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 users who have been patiently waiting for a Gevey Sim or a Ultrasn0w version of their baseband can now save BBTicket for their device which will allow to downgrade their baseband when an Unlock becomes available later on.

The tool is named as TinyUmbrella v 10.5.14 which you can download from here. Until now saving BBTickets for downgrading baseband was not possible. This version will drastically improve the possibility for you to downgrade your baseband for an Unlock. TinyUmbrella will save APTicket / BBTicket SHSH certificate for your device which enables iTunes to not only to an older firmware but also on older basebands.

If you have been looking for the download link of the TinyUmbrella than here you go :
The detailed step by step tutorial on how to save SHSH blob with BBTicket can also be found on various sites on the internet. So unlockers just save your SHSH blob if you have already done it for iOS 5.0.1 than rewrite to get the BBTicket. Than you just have to wait for the Unlock software or the tool to get released.

Last edited by a moderator:
WARNING:

If you are attempting to stitch blobs with an IPSW using Sn0wbreeze or iFaith then do not use any blobs downloaded from Tiny Umbrella version 5.10.11 and up.

If you are going to use Sn0wbreeze or iFaith with TU SHSH blobs make sure to use Tiny Umbrella version 5.10.10 or under.

The BBTicket SHSH blobs do not seem to work well with a tool that is suppose to preserve the baseband. Like Sn0wbreeze and iFaith.

I learned the hard way. ;)

fiya_lance said:
So if I already upgrade can I still save bb ticket ?

Yup. When I realized this. I used TU version 5.10.14. It replaced my older blobs.

I went to the location of the SHSH blobs, then I saved then to a folder and zipped it up.

Then i downloaded Tiny Umbrella version 5.10.10,

Opened it
Clicked "Advanced"
Made sure "Overwrite Existing Blobs" was checked.

Clicked the "Save SHSH" button.

Went back to the location of my SHSH blobs, saved them to a folder and zipped it up.

This way I had 2 sets of blobs. Ones with BBticket+APTicket and ones with APTicket only.

Tho I would only do this because I have an A4 device.

A5 users really don't need to worry about saving 2 different blobs. But I would keep them just in case.