What's new

3GS / IOS 5 / redsnOw / Will not boot!!

coby

Reaction score
hello everyone,

i'm fairly new to jailbreaking and searched the forums without success. i recently bought the new 4s and wanted to jailbreak / unlock my 3gs for my girlfriend to use who is on tmobile. i'm using the most recent version of red snow to crack IOS 5. i actually got the jailbreak to work and because of my noobness, i didn't think it was successful because cydia and safari were crashing. i now know that this is because the break was tethered. anyway, i restored the phone so i could start over and this time i clicked to update the baseband because i thought i read this needed to happen to be able to unlock for tmobile. ever since i did this, the phone just gets stuck on the circle loading screen when the phone reboots after the jailbreak. right now, i can restore the phone and get to the stock ios 5 screen where you have to go through a set up. a couple of questions i have ....

1. was upgrading the baseband a mistake? is this why i can now not successfully jailbreak the phone?

2. should i restore the iphone to the stock ios5 and use someone's att sim card to get past the set up screen and then try the jailbreak?

3. any other advice you can give base on my story above?

thanks a million, my girl really wants to throw her htc away and get on this phone!!

coby

well i tried #2 with no success. anyone have any idea?

anybody else experiencing this ??

got it!! running bb 6.15 on ios 5 with 0 issues on tmobile. don't have the gps or battery problem i always read about!!