What's new

Need Help With Unlocking iPhone 4

Pwnagraphic

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used iPhone 4 from someone on Craigslist.. and I just had it jailbroken about 30 minutes ago. The guy said he couldn't get the unlock to work for T-mobile because the phone hasn't been previously Jailbroken before the 5.0.1 update.. Is there anyway to get an unlock to work? The jailbreak was a success, and he set it as a Semi-tethered jailbreak. I am really hoping I can find a solution, because my 3GS is breaking, and I just spent a lot of money buying this iPhone 4lol.

But there is a possibility that in the future there can be an unlock? I'm not really wise to this stuff, but I am assuming that baseband can't be downgraded like firmware can?

No baseband can't be downgraded. I wouldn't hold my breath for a software unlock but rumor has it that a $100 hardware unlock will be released some time in the next month.

Damn.. So downgrading firmware to 4.3 would still be uselss??

I may just be SOL..

What would you suggest I do? Find someone willing to trade an unlocked iPhone4 for mine?

I was afraid you'd say that.. Do you have a link on the sim unlock info?

The only info so far is that it is called the Vold Miracle SIM, it costs $99 USD before tax/shipping and it hasn't been released yet.

Ah, okay.. I just got off the phone with T-mobile, and they do offer a SIM unlock service for the iPhone which is free to account holders. I may go that route.

Ah, okay.. I just got off the phone with T-mobile, and they do offer a SIM unlock service for the iPhone which is free to account holders. I may go that route.

Great reason to put your location in your profile information :p In the US carriers will not unlock the iPhone for any reason