What's new

iPhone 4 Unlock Help

klore

Reaction score
I'm not very well versed in this unlocking thing and haven't been able to google the answer to my question.

I have an iPhone 4 jailbroken with redsnow. iOS 5.1.1. Baseband 04.12.01. I bought an iPhone 5 and want to give this phone to my wife to use on Tmobile, so I requested an unlock from AT&T, which they did a month ago. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to unlock it without having to restore it in itunes and lose my jailbreak, apps, settings, etc. Is there a way to unlock it without restoring?

Thanks in advance!

klore said:
I'm not very well versed in this unlocking thing and haven't been able to google the answer to my question.

I have an iPhone 4 jailbroken with redsnow. iOS 5.1.1. Baseband 04.12.01. I bought an iPhone 5 and want to give this phone to my wife to use on Tmobile, so I requested an unlock from AT&T, which they did a month ago. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to unlock it without having to restore it in itunes and lose my jailbreak, apps, settings, etc. Is there a way to unlock it without restoring?

Thanks in advance!

The AT&T unlock can only be performed via an iTunes restore.

Well you can upgrade your iOS and jailbreak or downgrade your iOS after

Thanks in advance!

In order to deactivate your iPhone and reactivate without restoring is done in redsn0w. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESTORE YOUR IPHONE!

Download the latest redsn0w Download Redsn0w for your OSRedsnow

plug in your iphone and click on jailbreak.

follow the process to put it in dfu mode. if you want to jailbreak the iphone you can tick the box where it says jailbreak, but the box you want to tick it "deactivate"

once the process is done and you iphone has rebooted then just put in the tmobile sim and plug into itunes and your iphone will be unlocked

it will say "congrats your iphone is unlocked"