What's new

iphone 3gs unlocking...please help!!

Darc1ner

Reaction score
hey..this is my first post, and i would love an answer ASAP :)

okay here we go....

i have an iphone 3gs which was manufactured 39th week of 2011, which means it has the latest bootrom of the 3gs model..

what i wish to do is unlock this phone, but it currently has baseband 05.16.05 from ios 5.1.1 running ios 5.1.1..

i understand that the only way to unlock it is by upgrading the baseband t0 6.15.00 but this has been said to "brick" the iphones with that model bootrom..

my question is, will i be able to upgrade this phone to 6.15.00..and then downgrade it with the latest redsnow to 05.13.4? and will everything still work as was??

please dont think you have to simplify your explanation..i have had alot of experiences with jailbreaking unlocking and repairing iphones/ipods..

its just this phone isnt mine and i dont want to break it! :p

please i would love some assistance..

thankyou

Last edited:
What's the manufacture date of your 3GS... that'll determine if you can or cannot use the iPad BB.

was made 39th week of 2011..or serial number 86139gskegd

from the research i have done, it doesnt look possible..is there any other solutions?

Unfortunately no... past the 34th week of '11 the iPad BB is no dice. I don't think there's a Gevey compatible w/ the 3GS either. Sorry....

thats okay, i thought that would be the case....so even if i was to flash it with the Ipad BB, i cant use the new redsnow to downgrade to 05.13??

i dont mean to repeat i just am desperate :/

Unfotunately no.... installing the iPad BB during the JB process is the first step. Then, you have to run redsn0w again... choosing the downgrade option and unchecking Install Cydia.