What's new

How to unlock Jailbroken iphone 4 with 04.10.01 baseband ?

keevill

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4 with 4.3.3 and Modem Baseband 04.10.1.
I have jailbroken it using jailbreakme.com and have Cydia installed.
Thing is, I can't find out how to Unlock it.
It belonged to a friend of mine who apparently had a 'semi-tethered unlock' and he neglected to tell me this when I ran the phone thru jailbreakme.com .
Now wireless and jb apps work but how can I get the phone unlocked pls ?
Hope someone can help
-keevill-

04.10.01 is not unlockable via software. You will have to buy a Gevey Ultra SIM if you want to unlock.

I guess that's why the local 'iPhone JB Shop' is quoting me $100 .
Just found that out whilst waiting for your very kind reply.
Thx,
-keevill-

If you really want to can upgrade your iPhone then jailbreak with red snow then while jailbreaking set to change the base band and then download ultra snow

One thing which I would like explained.
When the phone was originally unlocked, my colleague was told by the person who did it, that if he turned off the phone then he would have to perform some procedure which involved something like removing the sim, several reboots, replacing sim then agreeing to some Chinese text and finally calling a 3 digit number for a few secs.
He's not sure on this.
Reading around , I see some articles about this but I don't really understand it.
This was before I jailbroke it and , subsequently was unable to make phone calls.
I assume that this was some sort of 'semi-tethered UL'.
Could someone explain what this procedure was if if I could perform it again now after the JB.
After all, the baseband has not changed so if it worked before, perhaps I can make it work again ??
I can't go back to the original unlock shop as it was in a different city.
Thx,

-keevill-

One thing which I would like explained.
When the phone was originally unlocked, my colleague was told by the person who did it, that if he turned off the phone then he would have to perform some procedure which involved something like removing the sim, several reboots, replacing sim then agreeing to some Chinese text and finally calling a 3 digit number for a few secs.
He's not sure on this.
Reading around , I see some articles about this but I don't really understand it.
This was before I jailbroke it and , subsequently was unable to make phone calls.
I assume that this was some sort of 'semi-tethered UL'.
Could someone explain what this procedure was if if I could perform it again now after the JB.
After all, the baseband has not changed so if it worked before, perhaps I can make it work again ??
I can't go back to the original unlock shop as it was in a different city.
Thx,

-keevill-

He must have been using an old Gevey SIM then. The original Gevey SIMs are illegal because they require you to dial "112" a GSM emergency number(illegal in many countries if you call without an actual emergency). Those SIMs are not supported by 5.0.1 anyway. You should get a Gevey Ultra SIM which does not require dialing an emergency number and it is a permanent unlock(you don't have to take out and reinsert the SIM every time you reboot like you do with say the Gevey Turbo).

You should definitely order it from AppleNBerry though, they are the only resellers that sell the authentic Ultra SIMs that I know of. I have seen many on eBay and Amazon for around $10 which are fake and have maybe a 50/50 shot of working on 5.0.1.