What's new

I took the plunge!

Jmills87

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So last night, after much debate, I took the plunge and updated to iOS! At this point it's pretty safe to say that we won't be seeing an untethered jailbreak until the next firmware update is released(maybe 5.1?) So I decided I might as well update(the fact that the semi-tether has been updated was another major deciding factor).

So far I am extremely impressed. I have yet to come across a single tweak or app that I want that isn't compatible. There were a few roadblocks however, for instance the Lockscreen Clock Hide package isn't compatible yet so I had to edit some files in the root directory manually to accomplish that. But other than that, my phone looks exactly like it did on iOS4(luckily the theme I use, VIP, has been updated to work on iOS5). I have all the old tweaks I wanted and I've got my semi-tether package installed :)

One thing I have noticed is that Cydia package queueing is VERY unstable. If I try to queue more than 3 or 4 packages Cydia will crash and I will have to start over again. Is anyone else on iOS5 experiencing this?

Cool, welcome to iOS5 :) now you have to update your signature.... lol

"That's good. You have taken your first step into a larger world." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

The trick to queueing packages is to let the product page you are on finish reloading after you add the package to the queue. If you navigate away when the package details page is still reloading this tends to result in a Cydia crash after one or two items... :(

I need to fix my signature as well. I'm running stock iOS 5 at the moment!

Glad to hear your enjoying iOS 5 now! 8)