What's new

What would you like to see different for the iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FM radio would be nice

they could add that in a firmware update if they wanted

FM radio would be nice

Not a proper FM radio. It would be Internet radio so would chew up your data...

true it would use up a lot of data...probably be a wifi only for devices other then the 5 if they where to add it

FM radio would be nice

Specially if streaming 128kbps and for hours, the data will vanish in no time.

You could use the headphones FM thingo. I use that on my nano and it works perfectly. Need that on my iTouch though

I would like to have more of the things found in cydia embedded into iOS 5 like Barrel, a thing like SBSettings, Android Lock.

FM radio would be nice

Specially if streaming 128kbps and for hours, the data will vanish in no time.

You could use the headphones FM thingo. I use that on my nano and it works perfectly. Need that on my iTouch though

I would like to have more of the things found in cydia embedded into iOS 5 like Barrel, a thing like SBSettings, Android Lock.

i would like to see the ability to install anything we want...

but ios 5 has something similar to ios 5, the grey bar you pull down but i still think even with that sbsettings is still a must. barrel would be nice i am so used to it that i hate the way ios 5 icons scroll it seems weird lol

most sources rumour the iphone 5 to be out in September and I see no reason to doubt those.

Still, thats 4-5 months away which is a long time in the mobile phone world so I reckon you should look at getting something now which you can sell on if the iphone 5 takes your fancy.

What are your thoughts on having all your music in the cloud? I mean it will be pretty awesome having your whole music library wherever you have internet but what if you have a bad 3g connection or worse just an edge connection and can't access your music?

What are your thoughts on having all your music in the cloud? I mean it will be pretty awesome having your whole music library wherever you have internet but what if you have a bad 3g connection or worse just an edge connection and can't access your music?

Well it's ok but iCloud has a 5gb limit And you can purchase more. For me 5gb is not enough but I like the whole iCloud idea and it will be very handy, but if you backup to iCloud then iTunes will not backup when you sync to the computer and I don't like that I rather back up to my comp and use all the free space I like but if you use all the space for music that's a lot of mp3s you can fit on there

I just got my first iPhone last week (a Verizon 16gb 4), and I guess I'm likely to babble about things that are old to seasoned users, but the first 2 things I'd like to see different is handling of Hotmail - I have a lot of folders besides "inbox" and the native mail app doesn't show them (I've tried doing it via Exchange, but like countless others I get everything configured right, only to have a repeated "incorrect password for Exchange" error...not been able to fix that yet). I got the "MailPro" app which lets me see all the Hotmail folders (I wish it would push and show numeric alert badges on the screen on its own, but apparently not in the current version). I'd also like a nice way to make screen icons transparent or translucent without jailbreaking (sorry, I just paid a lot for a killer phone, I'm not going to cross the line just yet!). Doesn't appear to be any legit apps for the icon function; run that into IOS 5 and it would be a no-brainer (I created some nice wallpapers, and it seems a shame to block the look with solid icons).

But all in all, digging the new phone....:)

Well it's ok but iCloud has a 5gb limit And you can purchase more. For me 5gb is not enough but I like the whole iCloud idea and it will be very handy, but if you backup to iCloud then iTunes will not backup when you sync to the computer and I don't like that I rather back up to my comp and use all the free space I like but if you use all the space for music that's a lot of mp3s you can fit on there

I totally agree with you 5 gb is definitely not enough for me and I'm pretty sure 5 gb won't be enough for most people. I mean the only ipod that apple sells right now smaller than 5 gb is the ipod shuffle at 2gb. The nano comes in 8gb and 16 gb, which kinda tells you that users need and use more than 5 gb. I also don't think people will want to be forced to choose which music they will want to have with them all the time in the cloud, they would much rather just have their whole music library with them at all times. What do you think?

I totally agree with you 5 gb is definitely not enough for me and I'm pretty sure 5 gb won't be enough for most people. I mean the only ipod that apple sells right now smaller than 5 gb is the ipod shuffle at 2gb. The nano comes in 8gb and 16 gb, which kinda tells you that users need and use more than 5 gb. I also don't think people will want to be forced to choose which music they will want to have with them all the time in the cloud, they would much rather just have their whole music library with them at all times. What do you think?

well thats right, but the average user does not use much at all though. but not being able to backup with both icloud and itunes is enough for me to not want it even if it was unlimited free space on icloud, see with my macbook pro i then back it up on my external drive with time machine.

for me i would find a few small apps or games or what ever on my phone such as photos and/or mp3s and just have that on there like you mentioned but about the mp3s..

also for those who have multiple idevices such as the ipad can have the ability to download a game on one or make changes and those changes are automatically made to your other idevice and i think thats amazing also.

but apple have to make some money some how so anything over 5GB they charge and they know so many people will end up paying.

Duel sim cards!

I dont think we will see that, it would take up too much space on the phone.. but i would like to see that also added since i use two sim cards.

Better cams, sim for verizon aswell, faster procesor and more control over sms amd calls to weather u want or dont want any display or sound on diferent sound settings

• ability to read flash URL
  • better picture quality when the flash is use in the dark or at night
  • upgradable external memory
  • bigger screen

Status
Not open for further replies.